I am about to learn the strain gauge bonding technology on metal parts. My goal is to build small metal bending beams (60 mm x 12 mm x 4-5 mm) with full bridge, 4-wire, 1000 Ohm resistance strain gauges in my small home laboratory at 20°C temperature. I have a basic knowledge of the process, watched several videos and read articles/bulletins. Everything is on the Internet but I need someone who helps me to put theory into practice. I am a mechanical engineer with some electronics experience and have sufficient dexterity with working and soldering small electrical components.
I am looking for someone who can guide me through the whole process step-by-step:
- Designing the beam for a certain load and selecting the beam material
- Sourcing strain gauges from several sources on affordable prices (web shop or email order)
- Creating a full shopping list for all required tools and components
- Telling me instructions for the manufacturing steps: surface preparation, gauge installation with bond adhesive, soldering wires and protective coating
- And answering my novice/advanced questions during the learning period.
All parts, tools, components must be available from the EU or US, but some can be imported from China if needed. I need to know exactly the prices of parts and executing time of steps, therefore I will be able to calculate the price for a home-made beam.
This project will take about 2 months to finish, because I will be doing the activity at weekends. It will require minimum 10-15 hours of your time, this is why I am looking for a budget around $200-300. Proper documentation is very important! We will communicate in email and Skype chat.
Please contact me ONLY if you have a wide practical experience with the bonding process of strain gauges, and you know well the required materials, you are aware of tips&tricks, and you know exactly how to optimise the production of the beams.