A solution is needed to allow for loading/unloading of cargo on the lunar surface to construct and maintain a lunar outpost.
When constructing a lunar outpost, cargo and payloads must be offloaded from diverse types of human scale landers so that they can be placed where needed. Earth based analog systems are typically far too massive and cannot be easily packaged into a launch vehicle and deployed on the lunar surface.
A lunar loading/offloading system must consider the challenges of the lunar environment:
- the environmental conditions present (thermal, lighting, communications, regolith consistency),
- the desire to minimize mass of all landed systems,
- the desire to perform much of the activities with limited to minimal human interaction to save on crew/operator time, and
- the overall configuration of the landers (e.g. tall lander decks).
We are looking for innovative and effective concepts for offloading (and potentially loading for Earth return) various types of cargo from lunar landers.
1. Description of the unloading concepts targeted to payloads on smaller landers or larger payloads such as habitat modules. Scalable solutions are preferred.
2. Description of the unloading concepts that can be packaged into a launch vehicle and be self-deployable after landing. Concepts can use dedicated launches or be integrated with other payloads.
3. Single use unloading system concepts (restricted to the lander for loading/unloading operations) are acceptable however reusable system concepts (offloaded from lander either to other mobile platforms or with included mobility to be used for other surface payloads at other locations) are encouraged.
4. Drawings, Sketches and 3D models of the solution are recommended.
5. Technologies required for these concepts must be available to be fielded in the 2026 timeframe.
6. A concept of operations for the system phases is required (i.e. delivery, deployment, operation on the lunar surface).
7. Expected properties (i.e. mass, power, dimensions) and capabilities (lifting capability, height limitations, etc.).
8. A discussion of the key technical risk for the proposed concept.
9. Solutions must be cost effective as well as operationally effective.
10. Mechanical and electrical interfaces required on payloads and support systems should also be identified to allow the possibility for standardization of payloads and payload/support system interfaces to function with the loading/unloading system. These interfaces should also keep mass/volume at a minimum.
Bu iş için 10 freelancer ortalamada ₹1169/saat teklif veriyor
Hello, read your project description. Reading it seems that your project need a literature review. At least have a chat so that we can discuss more about it. Regards.