This project is to create a MetaTrader EA that can recognize when a trade has been manually altered by the user and stops managing that trade. More specifically, the following steps are involved:
1. Create an EA that (using a set magic number) upon first attachment enters three trades - a sell, buy and a sell if . The EA has a trailing stop of a set amount of pips and every tick updates the trailing stop as necessary for each of the trades.
2. The EA should recognize if the stoploss or takeprofit of each trade was altered manually, and if so, it should cease using the trailing stop on that trade. The EA should continue to update the other trades.
The EA must be able to, upon restart, continue to recognize a trade was manually altered and not alter its stoploss for the trailing stop. However, the EA should open three more trades and add them to the trade "pool".
To be clear - since this has been asked - the whole purpose of this EA is to demonostrate how to recognize that a trade has been altered by a user and to have the EA no longer "manage" the EA (in the case of the sample EA, thru the stoploss).
In other words,the following should occur:
1. the EA opens three orders, A, B and C
2. I wait a minute - all this time EA is altering the stoploss per the trailing stop of A, B, and C
3. I then alter the stoploss (or takeprofit) of B.
4. On next tick, EA alters the stoploss of A and C, but NOT B since I manually altered it