Create an OpenCV project on iOS that demonstrates a certain feature in OpenCV.
Project must meet these requirements:
- Target iPhone and iOS 8.0 or later
- Use XCode 6.0 or later
- Use the Swift programming language (you can use C++ or Objective-C for testing or to get things working, but all final code delivered must use Swift)
- Use OpenCV 3.0, latest build, and the OpenCV add-on library [url removed, login to view]
- The delivered XCode project should build and run a working iPhone app, but submitting to the _AppStore IS NOT REQUIRED_
- Code a simple demo that shows a text detection and recognition feature
- In this case, the text detection and recognition feature specifically refers to a new OpenCV feature by Lluis Gomez and Stefano Fabri.
- Samples in C++ can be found here: [url removed, login to view]
- The specific code is available in C++ here: [url removed, login to view]
- A YouTube video showing the feature can be seen here: [url removed, login to view]
The goal is not to invent new functionality.
The goal is to port an existing feature to OpenCV for iOS 8 using the Swift language, and demonstrate that is works with a simple user interface.
A working XCode 6 project that builds without errors
If possible, warnings should be properly fixed and not simply turned off
Project should be self-contained, include any dependencies and configuration necessary for the project to build and run "out of the box"
Code must be easy to understand, well documented, and follow best practices