Please make sure you read this carefully.
This is the functionality I'm looking for:
There is a template with various sections. The sections will include: Demographics, HPI, Social/Family Hx, PMH, Medications, Exam, Data, Impression and Recommendations. I click on a section, such as 'demographics' or 'Exam' and it opens up the template for that section. There are fillable text fields that can be filled via keyboard or speech-to-text. There are radio buttons for yes/no. There are some drop-down fields. I enter data, and then go to the next section. When I'm done, I save the template with an unique file name. The sections in which no data were entered don't show up in the final file or printout. I can send it to a printer or faxserver which I can choose from a menu of destinations, depending on my location that day. Ideally I can tell it to print a bunch of saved files at once. (typically 5-10 at a time).
Anl example of my current paper form is attached. I've added red boxes and text to indicate where fillable fields and radio buttons should be used. The detailed arrangements are flexible, but basically all the information and sections that are shown on the attached the two page form must be in the fillable form.
1. format can be modified occasionally
2. can be printed or sent to a fax.
3. will contain fillable fields (text boxes) and yes/no checkoff sections (radio buttons)
4. It can run via 3G at times, though sometimes wifi will be available
5. When printed/saved, the document will look like a normal letter or note. It won't show all the boxes around the fillable fields. Empty fillable fields and their titles won't be printed. For instance, if I check 'noncontributory' and nothing is entered in the box under 'family history', then the empty box won't be saved/printed.
DESIRED REQUIREMENTS (negotiable)
1. certain radio buttons, when checked, will open a fillable field. For instance, look at the sample template. When I check 'abnormal' for a section on the musculoskeletal exam, I need to have an explanation. That could go somewhere under the array of radiobuttons, most of which will be checked as 'normal'.
2. The file name should be generated by three of the fields in the form. That is, note that there are fields for 'firstname', 'lastname' 'date'. When it's time to save the file, it should automatically generate a file name of 'lastname'_'firstname'_yearmonthday. I should be able to edit that if needed, but I want to streamline and take human error out of the file naming process if possible.
3. The 'Medications' fillable field can take input from a database (I'm looking into that).
4. It has the capacity to either a. open multiple files simultaneously so that data can be put in in parallel, or b. after saving, the files can be re-openned and edited/completed.
please let me know in your proposal whether or not you can meet the absolute and/or desired requirements as detailed above.