Very simple iPhone (IOS 4) application needed to capture and report information about child behavior in a school classroom and steps taken to resolve. Usage scenario:
1) Teacher notices a predefined child behavior or problem and needs to log it in an electronic journal using the iPhone. Using the iPhone:
2) Teacher first selects child's name from a pick list
3) Teacher next selects the subject from a pick list (e.g. Math, Reading, Recess)
4) Teacher next selects the problem from a pick list (e.g. Child needed additional instruction to complete task)
5) Teacher then selects the resolution to the problem from a pick list (e.g. One-on-one instruction provided)
6) Teacher then selects "yes" or "no" as to whether the resolution was successful in resolving the problem.
7) Teacher then has the option to add a short text note further clarifying the problem or resolution
All the information above for each incident plus a date/time stamp would be stored in a local database on the iPhone with an option to email the contents of the database in a text format for importing into Excel or Word.
Tables for pick lists would need to be stored on the iPhone so the teacher can add, modify, or remove entries as needed.