I would like an app built to control a Pixhawk based drone using the DroneKit app development kit by 3DR. We would also like the app to display feed from a camera be able to control the camera's basic functions.
Here is the DroneKit SDK: [url removed, login to view]
I would like the app to resemble the DJI Go app as much as possible: [url removed, login to view]
The camera function control should be somewhat similar to the Digicamcontrol software: [url removed, login to view]
The following features are very important:
- The app must be capable of live viewing footage streamed from the drone. The footage will travel by USB/microUSB from our transmitter to the drone.
- The app must have intelligent flight functions like follow me, orbit, and flight planning.
- Users must be able to launch the drone and return to land from the phone
- Users must also be able to see how far away their drone is, how much battery is remaining, and a small minimap indicating direction.
- The app must also be able to control the brightness, shutter, record video, zoom, and other important camera settings. Examples of cameras include: Sony A6300, Sony A6300, Sony Nex7 II, and other Nikon and Canon mirrorless cameras and DSLRs.
We will provide some mock-ups and wireframes of the app. We require the following:
- Documentation and explanations
- Confirmation via testing environment that apps are working
- Possible in-person meeting (we will fly to you) to confirm everything is working
If everything goes well, we will also require the app to be developed for iOS devices.
Thank you, and we look forward to hiring someone!
I have received a lot of bids, but I want to make sure everyone understands what we are asking for.
Please make sure to note in your proposal if you have worked before on apps that communicate with hardware devices, particularly with drones.