the Reader is a unique digital reading platform designed to engage the reader and enhance their learning experience. The next generation of literary technology, the Reader supports enhanced eBooks – ePUB3 – the latest digital publication standard that allows easy integration of video, audio and interactivity, taking the user into a new realm of reading.
Reader is designed to allow users to access any book that is published in digital form, and has been uploaded to the platform, classified in accordance to grade and subject and permission managed. End users are able to access the books through authenticated and controlled portals and mobile apps for various platforms.
With the ability to integrate interactive infographics, animations, documentary videos, and images, the Reader promotes engagement and fosters a reading and information culture that supports independent motivated readers and learners for life.
Reader is a fully integrated reading platform that supports administration and provides an interactive reading and learning experience for students. Embedded in the digital reading platform are reader and administration facilities to ensure usability and management that can be tailored to meet the evolving needs of the users.
• Fixed layout but supports reflow
• Adapts to screen size and orientation
• Scrollable left to right
• Files encrypted and password protected
• Library collection for both ePub3 and PDF digital books
• Designated library available to designated user
• Administration interface for the platform allows books to be uploaded,
deleted, published / unpublished
• Permission control
• Audience definition
• Categorizing of material
• Content selection
Promoting a Culture of Readers
Download the Reading App
• Reader provides multi-platform support. The Reader App provides offline access, a key feature, and can be downloaded to desktop, mobile and tablet. The downloaded version is encrypted and password protected to maintain the copy right and licensing status of the content.
• An added feature of the Reader app is the ‘Download Manager’ which allows the user to manage their downloads, customize the look and feel of the App, change language, color and theme to suit their own preferences.
• Being able to personalize the App gives the user ownership of their learning and reading. Based on state of the art technology and designed with these optimized user-friendly features, reading can happen anywhere.
Reader has been designed with the user in mind and incorporates tools and techniques to make reading and learning an easy and memorable experience.
Easy to follow visual designs provide easy directions for the user.
• Book Search
User can search and find specific books on topic.
• Note Taking
Allows user to add notes to words, paragraphs, images and text. These notes can be navigated, edited and returned to with ease.
Users can highlight key sentences, ideas and comments with colour highlighter, editing as required.
Bookmark pages of note and interest for later review.
• Text to Speech
Allows the system to pronounce ‘speak’ any chosen text.
• Google Lookup
Search definitions, explanations and content directly with just a click.
• Wikipedia Lookup
Research topic directly with just a click.
• Language Interface
Arabic and English
Opens Google translate for easy translation.
• Centralized Data
All user centric data will move from platform to platform if an online connection is available to sync the data captured between sessions.
• Multiple Accounts (Windows)
Multiple accounts, means the Reader supports multiple users on one device. Each user can log in but only access their own account.