We are looking for a professional Internationalization Engineer.
This is a contracting full time position of 40 hours/week, remote work – US Pacific Time zone, for indefinite period.
• Previous i18n engineering experience, with a focus on web or mobile development
• Strong knowledge of internationalization frameworks used in one of these areas: Web, Android, iOS, and general knowledge of the approaches used in the other two
• Knowledge of i18n, localizability, and code/contents relationship including delivery, processing, and handling (DPH)
• Strong understanding of CLDR, Unicode, as well as internationalization and globalization principles
• Develop/maintain software tools and scripts facilitating internationalization and localization and processes, from translation pipelines to build system automation
• Identify areas of improvement in existing tools and processes, and address issues with innovative solutions
• Automate and integrate workflows from diverse internal or external systems
• Analyze international functionality issues and implement changes to application source code of cross-functional teams
• Provide input and suggestions toward innovative new approaches and product features
• Work cross-functionally with other engineering, QA and project management teams to adopt and integrate their technologies where appropriate
If you are interested in this position, we would appreciate hearing from you at your earliest convenience and providing us with an updated resume and your hourly rate in USD.