Dear talented App Developers,
Your talents are sought to build a mobile app (iOS & Android) called “Log Book Director”
BEFORE WE GET STARTED
This application will undergo testing by a government department to ensure that it meets strict criteria and so if you don’t have the skills or the attention to detail to meet all set criteria, it best you not express interest.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN A DEVELOPER
Someone who can look at the rough sketches we have made, and create a great looking app, without too much instruction. You will need an eye for design, but will also need to keep in mind the target audience of this app (keep it simple/easy to use).
We expect to continually add more features to this app over the next two years and so it’d preferential that we have one developer that will stay with us over that time.
That being said, although there will be deadlines, we’ll also need your patience as we need to build the back end and then attach the app
WHAT IS IT?
The Australian Government has opened the door to allow private companies to develop mobile applications to replace the physical log book that heavy vehicle drivers must carry and complete.
WHAT WILL THIS APP DO?
The user will download the app, then register for an account.
Once logged in, they will be able to add the company that they drive for and the vehicle(s) that they’re driving.
We will be building up a database of companies and vehicles. This data will sync and cache to all app users to save the time of future users
The user will be able to create a log book entry which consists of;
i. Time stamp when an entry is created/edited
iii. State/territory where the entry is being created
iv. GPS co-ordinates of where the entry is created
v. A manual location entry (i.e. ‘Market’ or ‘Depot’
vi. Event Status: Work/Rest
vii. Vehicle registration
viii. Fatigue management plan option
ix. 2nd driver details (if applicable)
- You will develop mobile apps for both Android and iOS
- You will not publish them, we will publish directly
- The app will connect to a database (currently under development) thru API and so there is no back-end development required
IN YOUR PROPOSAL
- Verify that you’ve read this description by answering “What colour is the sky” in the first line of your proposal
- Examples of other apps you have developed
- Any questions you have about this task – in which case, I will initiate a chat session
As we’re still working on the back end, we will split the project up in to the following milestones
Create all screens as shown in the [login to view URL] diagram (Except for the report export)
Colour scheme and all design choices are up to you, however the app obviously needs to look appealing and be intuitive to use
The app should have a day and night mode for easy viewing whilst driving at night.
Buttons only are required to navigate through the application, no data exchange or other functionality is required. This stage is purely to showcase the UI design of the application.
Factors to be considered:
- This application will be used in vehicles, aside from keying in text (such as company data) the core function buttons (start shift, pause etc) should be as large as possible to enable hassle free operation of the app.
- The help text (present for only certain fields) are to be completed at this stage
- This application will need to be responsive to various screen sizes.
See attached for milestone 2 & 3 descriptions
[login to view URL]