Role & Responsibilities:
1`. Installing and Configuring SQL Server and Azure SQL Server.
2. Configured Always on in Azure SQL servers.
3. Migrating databases from 2012 to 2014 and 2012 to 2017.
4. Experience in configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting on Mirroring, Log Shipping and Replication, Mirroring, Clustering and Always On.
5. Monitoring the backup jobs from Microsoft Application Tools.
6. Configuring alerts to get the status of Mirroring and Log Shipping to mails.
7. Involved in DR-Drill activities.
8. Managing Security (Creating users, logins and roles, granting permissions)
9. Performance Monitoring and tuning.
10. Upgrade the SQL server from 2008R2 to 2014 server in cluster environment.
11. Configured the Always On setup in Azure servers.
12. Database refresh from Production to Testing Environment.
13. Migrating user databases from SQL Server to Azure SQL Server.
14. Scheduling jobs in SQL server and ran the manual re-index on user databases.
15. Identifying the long running quires and fixing them.
16. Monitoring the Performance of the servers from Microsoft Tools.
17. Working on disk space issues and performance issues.
18. 24 x 7 on call duties, Attend all times in case of emergencies.