We are looking for someone that can build a SMTP Proxy Server in Windows with the following features:
Receive messages using SMTP protocol.
Allow authentication with username/password or certain IPs without authentication.
It won't send messages connecting to external SMTP servers as it would usually, instead it will create compressed files with 7zip DLL and send over a secure connection when certain conditions are met:
- A number of incoming emails is reached (user configurable)
- There has not been new emails in the previous X minutes (user configurable)
- .7z file reaches a size limit (user configurable)
- If no files are being sent to server, it start sending regardless of the three previous conditions ( avoiding idle connection ).
In case of network or other problems, save messages on a cache, and try to send later.
Create audit log in CSV format showing which messages were received and which were sent.
For GUI, we have the following requirements:
Management: start, stop, restart service and add/remove it from boot.
Stats: stats of server usage. At least a bar graph showing number of messages sent per hour or day would be useful
Configuration: set remote username and password along with other configurations mentioned on service features. Allow user to test communication with server when he is configuring
Queue viewer: show current messages that are on queue
User Management: add, edit, remove users and set IPs that can relay on this server
Audit Log Viewer: A grid that shows the content on the audit log ( that was saved in CSV format ) and allow user to search certain information and/or specify date ranges.
GUI Log Viewer: actions that users have taken on GUI like restarting service or adding/removing user.
The app should be Multilingual.
Full requirements doc will be sent after first interview. Is it feasible to use some existing SMTP libs.
- Experience in .NET framework of 2+ years
- Subversion knowledge
- Experience with .NET sockets
- Understading of SMTP protocol