A basic module made in node.js and MySQL using sockets that allows our app users to communicate with each other through text messages.
1. Master chat window with history of chat with all users with whom the user has chatted , with most recently chatted users first.
2. On click one of the user in the above chat window will open a 1 to 1 chat window with the history of chat messages as per time. Aligned left and right as per the sender.
3. User can contact a new user for chatting in which case the receiving user gets a chat connect request.
2. The module will support one to one chatting in text format.
3. The messages should be sent and received in real time.
4. User should be able to enter emoticons apart from the text.
7. First message goes as a request with the options of Accept, Reject and Ignore.
a. Accept – They both can chat
b. Reject – The sender gets notified of rejection but can send another request which will go to the receiver.
c. Ignore – The sender is not notified and can still send another request but the request will not go to the receiver.
8. After the request is accepted, either user can block the other user.
a. When blocked:
i. The Blocking user will not be able to send messages. When he clicks on send, it will message, “Please unblock the user first”
ii. The blocked user will be able to send messages to the blocking user but the messages will not show on the Blocking user. This is similar to Ignore function.