We have a series of products required, but first I would like to invite you to make a simple GSM Based cellinfo reporter which sends CelliD, Base ID, MCC, MNC, GSM Signal Strength to our server via TCP or HTTP.
This is a very simple project with very minimum requirements. We would prefer the following components to be used :
1. Quectel M35 GSM Module, you can test with alternate modules that provide Assisted-GPS
2. 500-800 mah battery Lithium Polymer or Lithium Ion
3. Internal GSM Antenna
4. USB Port for charging the battery
Need to keep the product as small & compact as possible, not to mention very low power consumption.
The main Functions of the device will be as Follows:
1. Report AGPS data every 5 minutes via tcp/http - the Interval should be configurable via SMS along with TCP or HTTP setting
2. When a call is received on this device it should automatically pick up the call so that the caller can listen, if possible the called person can also listen kind of 2 way call.
3. Inform preset number via SMS when battery goes below [url removed, login to view] also report this via server to tcp.
I would be looking at a budget of about 10,000INR for the working prototype with firmware & gerbers.