I'm in the business of Wedding album design.
I get a DVD full of wedding photos from a client (that he got from his wedding photographer). The client wants me to design an album (something like a memorial wedding book) and he wants me to use very specific photos from the DVD.
My graphic designers are working from an overseas office, and every time I receive a DVD from a client, I have to go through all the dvd to pick up the pictures my customers wants in his album/book, then email them to my designer through yousendit.com.
This photo selection process is time consuming, and I need to find a way how to automate it.
The list of the photos the customer wants usually comes to me through email. So I want a software that does the following:
1- Chooses the photos from the DVD according to the list I get from my client (I can copy-paste the list of the needed pictures into the software interface, and the software needs to be able to "scan it" for any photo file names, which are always numerals/numbers. The photos file names are usually numbers generated by the digital camera used by the photographer. The customer sometimes mentions the photos he needed by the 3 or 4 last digits of the file name. Example: A photo's file name is [login to view URL] and the customer mention only 243 in his instructions. Another example, the raw photos' name is I_1205 and in the customer's instructions it's written 205)
Important: the software has to give me the ability to specify the number of digits to take in consideration when scanning for file names (and the rest of the digits should be ignored)
2- Copy and paste them on my PC, and organize them in folders that do not exceed a certain size (maybe 10-20 MB)
3- Zip or Rar each folder, and upload them to my account using [login to view URL] (I can stay logged in into my yousendit account)
This will allow my designer (who is located overseas) to access my yousendit account, and download the files to use them in the album design.
Please ask any questions that may help you better understand the project.
- This is a very specific project, so please make sure you are able to take it and finish it. This is for someone who already knows what to do, and not for learning.
- I would like to deal with programmers directlly (not with brokers, or representatives)
- Use the language/technogloy that you prefer, as long as the final product will do the job and work on Win XP and Vista.
- Please tell me about your previous experince with similar projects
- Generic replies like "we are interested in the project and we can do good job" will not be considered. I need a person who reads and understands the requirements, not just copy and paste a generic reply trying to get a new project.