We need a crawler which can access a large number web sites, and extract detailed information on a daily basis.
We'd prefer to host the crawler ourselves, but are open to other options. If so, we'd need an SLA.
We'd want to allow our employees to configure the crawler for different sites, but are also interested in knowing if you as bidder can help with that as well. Ease-of-use in this process is important.
This evaluation is a medium project, but our budget is higher in any next step we take, and we're interested in a long-term relationship.
We will evaluate based on these critera:
- Cost in $ and minutes to add one more site
- Ease of use for the person adding the site
- Our ability to ourselves further develop/change crawler, or request changes from you
- Must be able to deal with any site and extract any type of information
- Easy to do integration with other systems, both status/administration and the data output
We'd like to know:
- Your previous experience in this area, including volumes and complexity of data
- Roughly how does it work, platform, language etc
- Sample of how one site (you pick one) is crawled, what does the configuration or code look like
- On what terms we'd be allowed to test the system before deciding to proceed