There are two aspects to the project
1. Posting hyperlinks into users' own myspace page
One part involves helping users to post a link into their MySpace page.
This involves -
1. asking the user for their login to their myspace page
2. asking the user which section of their myspace page they would like this posted to
3. asking the user whether they'd like their friends informed
4. Posting the link
We would want delivery before proceeding to step 5.
5. Doing the above steps in addition to MySpace also Bebo, Facebook, Hi5, Friendster, Piczo, Tagged
We are looking for something very similar to how [url removed, login to view] does this.
Go to slide, they have three steps: create a slideshow, save and share.
It is the 'share' step we need.
2. Writing scrapers for social networking sites
This is NOT for spam purposes. The purpose is to enable people to have 3D versions of their own MySpace, Bebo or Facebook pages.
Try pasting a myspace URL here to see the result: [url removed, login to view]
Essentially the User's MySpace page is spidered and the following is extracted.
- the user's main page
- the user's photo
- the user's list of friends
- a list of URLs for friends pages
This has already been done for MySpace. We want to do this for Bebo, Facebook, Hi5, Friendster
Full details will be provided.
Before giving the go ahead on any project we need to see sample perl code