We are looking to create a writer management system - similar to [url removed, login to view] - based on the WordPress platform. For now, this will be used as an internal tool to manage all our outsourced article writing. Below is an ABBREVIATED list of the main functionality that will be needed
Please note: A detailed spec will be provided to the winning bidder but will be based around these functional areas.
Functional areas will include:
User and Role management
- Add Writers
- Add Clients
- Each role when logged in sees own dashboard
- Job statuses, summaries etc
Create Articles and Assign
- Editors create articles
- Group articles by order / project
- Different article types
- Batch article creation
- Assign articles to writers
Article Writing / Creation
- Writers see dashboard of assigned articles
- Some writers can claim available articles
- Workflow to create articles
- Dynamic word counting as typed
- Dynamic keyword checking
- Dynamic link creation
Job / Project tracking
- % complete per article or total project
- Writer workload and completion tracking
- Archive old jobs / projects
Completed jobs / projects
- Editors check completed articles
- Approve or reject article
- Rejected articles returned to writer
- Approved articles exported or posted
- Internal messaging between writers and editors
- Editors / admin can contact some or all writers
- Broadcast messages to all writers on dashboard
- Project tracking per day/month/chosen period
- Writer work completed tracking
- Writer payments calculated
You are welcome to make use of existing WordPress plug-ins to achieve some of these functions but the integration in the final application should be seamless.
We own developer licenses to several WP customizations, like Woothemes Faultpress theme that may form a basis to start from. The choice is your how you want to approach this.
IMPORTANT: We would prefer that you use as many as possible native Wordpress features to build the functionality and not custom code everything. For example: WP has a users module, use that. Also, the new WP has different post/content types, use that to set up different article types etc. Consider using categories for projects or whatever may work.
We are looking for a modern, clean UI and strong Ajax and CSS skills will be required. People should not use the Wordpress admin interface execute their tasks - everything should be done from the front-end.
We strongly suggest you visit [url removed, login to view] before bidding for a sense of what it is we are looking for.
Please provide examples of WP customizations that you've done.