E-Commerce Site User Login
Modifications listed below are to be made to a current catalog system which uses a third party shopping cart. The catalog system is written in PHP using an MySQL database. It currently stores order information that is posted back from the third party shopping cart.
The below changes will be enhancements to the catalog system.
#1 Create a login by email address and password which will allow visitors to view existing orders in the system. The current system already has a very simple order table with search and display screens to show the order information to the merchant.
Create Table Users
- email address
- Comments field
- Admin screen to add/edit/delete user information
- Also should display a list of orders associated to the user
- Login Form to authenticate users
- Change email address and password screen for enduser
- Retrieve Password form
USER ORDER REPORTS
#2 In existing order reports table there is field for the buyer's email address.
Shoppers should be able to login and view the status of their order.
There are three states in the order table already N=new P=processing S=shipped
Match the login information and run a query to pull up all the orders that match the email address in the order table. There is already script to display a summary listing and detail listing of the orders for the merchant. This could be re-vamped for showing the shopper their order list and details.
Some things to note:
- The current system uses a database prefix variable this would also have to carry over to the new php scripts.
- I would like the current setup script to be modified to support the new tables and fields involved with this project.
- The current system receives the order information on a return post from a third party site. I would like the return post to check the order table in the database to see if the shopper email address exists and create a relationship between the order record and the shopper email address.
We can do this fast and cheap. Quality and support guaranted. Thanks, Alexander