ASP and SQL server will be used for this project. Once the project is completed meeting the following requirements, i'll be asking you to improve some features or add new ones in the future. These new smaller projects can also be released on rentacoder for you if i'm satisfied with the speed and quality of your work. You'll be bidding for this section of the project only, so please bid fairly. So consider this as a long-term project and please treat as such. A group of coders who will plan everything beforehand, meet deadlines, and report me on a weekly basis is preferred, rather than one individual coder. Please do not bid if your schedule is not loose enough to handle this project.
Here's a basic static model of the directory that we'll be building:
<[url removed, login to view]>
Please follow the links and check it out. (there's one link on each page)
Here's a summary of the features:
- Administrator can add as many categories as he/she likes. These will be listed on the main page in two columns: [[url removed, login to view]]
- Let's take the "hotels" subcategory. Here we have all the states in USA, again listed in two columns as seen on: <[url removed, login to view]>
- One lower level is cities in that state. The administrator will be able to add-remove cities. This level will look pretty much like: <[url removed, login to view]>
Please keep reading the deliverables.
One important thing here is the directory structure. Since we'll be using domains and subdomains to lead to these subcategories, i need it to be like /hotels/virginia/abingdon/[url removed, login to view] rather than something like [url removed, login to view] Thus, i will be able to redirect [[url removed, login to view]] to that directory which will help search engine optimization. This feature is the core idea behind the concept, so it should somehow be managed.
So we have a directory with three levels: Businesses > States > Cities.
We'll be offering those businesses three different listing options: Regular, Featured and Sponsor. Check out <[url removed, login to view]> to see placement of featured and regular listings. The sponsor company will be offered to place their logo to the background of the page and be listed above the ad area at the top.
Here's the form where business owners will apply for listings: <[url removed, login to view]>
Once they fill out the form, they will be assigned a unique code. Once they pay for the listing using that code, the admin will enable that listing to be visible on the website. The admin will be able to search the database via unique code, e-mail or business name.
So far, we've been dealing with the directory. One other feature is the affiliate section who will help us fill up the directory with businesses. Anyone will be able to apply for our affiliate program. Each affiliate will be assigned an affiliate id. Affiliates will promote the directory, using their affiliate id's. If a business owner buys a listing using an affiliate's id as the promo code, he/she will get a discount and the affiliate will get a commission. Affiliates will be able to logon to the affiliate control panel and track their commissions. The admin will be able to communicate with each affiliate using the management panel and pay the the commissions the affiliates have earned.
That's it for now. Only those who prepare a sketch for the database structure for the directory will be considered as a candidate. Again, please consider this as a long-term commitment and act accordingly.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Code must be well documented so that any other code may modify or contribute to the script.
3) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
4) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
MS SQL server, ASP