We are into whole sale of jewellery. We are looking for programmers who will develop an eCommerce website on a pre-agreed phased manner with clear and strict deliverables in exchange for fixed monthly payments.
Need an eCommerce website to sell jewellery by weight and by piece. Phase 1 will be exclusively for direct to end customer retail and also wholesale customers.
The existing process:
We make a catalog of designs we want to bring for each season. Once the catalog is ready, we buy semi-precious and precious gemstones for each design in the catalog from local suppliers in India. Then we buy silver required for making all the designs in the catalog. The silver and gemstones are given to our craftsmen along with the Catalog. The craftsmen make all the designs in the catalog. Labour is paid for each design to each craftsman. Labour rates vary for each design, hence there will be multiple paints of labour to various craftsmen. Then the jewellery is exported to Romania through a courier by paying the courier costs. The package exported from India is received in Romania, customs duty, any otter taxes and surcharges and VAT are paid. The jewellery is then hallmarked by the National Hallmarking Agency in Romania. The hallmarking fees are paid. Then jewellery is sent to all our customers who choose designs they like. After the customers finalizes the selection, an invoice is made where the jewellery is sold by weight (Price/gram). Some customers pay in full upfront, some pay part advance and rest in one or more installments and some take it on credit and make payments based on their sales.
Functionality to be implemented in the eCommerce software:
1. Option for creation of catalog. Here allow creation of product categories and sub-categories. Create a Catalog with unique ID/Code and user defined title. Bring in design images to the catalog and allocate the image/design to a particulate category or [url removed, login to view] catalogs will be called "Master Catalogs". For each category and sub-category, assign sales price as a lump sum selling price (Price/gram) or as a percentage markup above the total cost of production.
2. Allow Admin to specify the gemstone with attributes like - name, colour, cut type and quantity of the gemstones required for each design in catalog.
4. Create a production copy of the Catalog called the "Production Catalog" with unique ID/Code linked to the master catalog, where the actual weight of gemstone and silver bought, labour and any miscellaneous expenses paid along with images of produced items in each design are recorded.
3. Then capture weight (in carats or grams), price/Carat or Price/Gram of gemstones bought for each design in the "Production Catalog".
4. Estimate silver required as a "percent" of the total weight of all the gemstones bought for each design in the "Production Catalog".
Example: If the total weight of all the gemstones for a design 35 grams and if the percent of silver is 70% in the design, then the weight of the stone in the design will be (Total weight-weight of silver). If the total weight is "X grams", then weight of stone will be:
(X-(0.7*X)) = 35 grams
That means (X = (35/0.3) = 116.67 grams.
Then the weight of Silver required for that design = 0.7*116.67 = 81.67 grams.
This weight of Silver required for the design should be recorder in a database and displayed to the admin for each design. Also display the sum total of Silver required for all designs in the "Production Catalog".
5. Buy and record the amount of Silver bought for the "Production Catalog".
6. Record the design given to each craftsman along with the gemstones and silver given to him/her along with the date of advance of Silver in the "Production Catalog".
7. Receive finished jewellery back from craftsman. Take images of each item received in a design, record its weight. Note the date of receipt along with the labour paid for each design either as a lump sum or as price of labour/grams and the name of the craftsman who made it in the "Production Catalog". Allow admin to add any additional info for each item of each design OR to the design itself.
8. Also record in the "Production Catalog" cost of any miscellaneous components bought for each design from the market(Like earring hooks), quantity and price(Lump sum or price/grams).
9. Ship products to Romania and update the "Cost of shipping" for each "Production Catalog" in the database.
10. Pay Customs duties, Surcharges and VAT in Romania and update the values paid for the "Production Catalog" in the database.
11. Get the items imported of the "Production Catalog" Hallmarked as 925 Sterling Silver and pay the Hallmarking fees. Update the fees paid for Hallmarking into the database for the particular "Production Catalog"
12. Calculate the total cost of each item fro each design as demonstrated below:
Say the order contains Design A and 10 items should be made in the design.
13. Amethyst Gemstones oval in shape which are faceted and of size 8x10 mm with a total wight of 60 Grams is bought for use in Design A.
If the weight of silver is input as 60% for that design, then the weight of Silver required to make Design A would be: (60/0.3)*0.6 = 120 grams. So we buy 120 grams of silver.
We give the silver and gemstones to craftsman X and make a note that Amethyst gemstones of quantity 10 in number weight 60 grams in total, of size 8x10 mm and oval in shape was given to Craftsman X along with a Silver of 120 grams to make 10 items of Design A.
The Craftsman X is able to make only 9 items of Design A as one of the Amethyst gemstones broke during making the jewellery. So while receiving the finished items, we record that 9 items were received back along with 1 broken Amethyst and 12 grams of Silver that was not used. The silver will go to the total stock of silver we have.
Then pictures are taken of each of the 9 items and their weight are noted. These pictures and weights are updated into the "Production Catalog" under Design A.
14. Step 9 is repeated for each design in the "Production Catalog".
15. Calculate the selling price for each item based on the sales price defined in the "Master Catalog". Allow admin to assign a price different than the "Production Catalog" if the Admin so chooses.
16. After the process from Points 1 to 11 are completed for all designs in the "Production Catalog", push the all the items in each design to the inventory database.
17. Push all items in the inventory to the eCommerce Store-front. Push both in-stock and out-of-stock items.
[url removed, login to view] eCommerce Store-front will display all the items in a grid form.
19. For items In-Stock display images and prices with a "Add button" item in the grid to the shopping cart and an "Info button" will be displayed.
20. When the customer clicks on an "Add button", the item should be added to the shopping cart without leaving the product grid display page.
21. If the customer clicks on the "Info button", a page displaying detailed product info like gemstones used, colour, weight of the product, price and additional info added by the Admin.
22. Allow customer to add item to the shopping cart from the Individual product display page as well.
23. There should be a "Shopping Cart Checkout button" on the product diplay grid page.
24. When the customer clicks on the "Shopping Cart Checkout button", a summary of the products selected by the customer with thumbnail images of each item added to the shopping cart, with prices, VAT should be displayed.
25. Shipping options should be displayed, based on the total weight of the products in the shopping cart.
26. If the customer click on "Pay button" in the Shopping cart page, option to pay through Credit Card or Paypal should be presented with a summary of payment details. Customer billing and shipping address with contact mobile and land phone numbers and another statutory details(Like Resident ID card number, TAX registration number for Business customers etc.,) as required by the law of the land should be captured.
27. If the customer chooses, to pay by Credit card, submit the information captured in Point(2)1 to a merchant payment processor and process the payment.
28. If the customer chooses to pay through Paypal, submit information captured in Point(21) and process through Paypal.
29. If payment is successful, send intimation to customer and indicate time required to ship the goods.
30. Ship the goods on receipt of complete payment from Merchant payment processor or Paypal and send tracking info to the customer along with shipment information.
31. For items Out-of-Stock, display images, and "Request Quote button" will be displayed.
32. Allow customers to add items Out-of-Stock without having to leave the product Grid display, when the customer click on "Request Quote button".
33. If the customer clicks on "send Quote button" on the product display grid page, load a summary page of all the designs selected by customer.
34. On this summary page, give option to the customer to specify the minimum quantities they want to order for each design selected.
35. Once the customer clicks "Finalise and request quote button" on this summary page, update quote request database and send an an eMail acknowledging the receipt of "Request of Quote" and assign a unique quote request ID/Code.
36. Allow admin to open "Request for quote" and update price (Price/gram or a lump sum price), time required to ship the product and add notes to each design submitted for quote. A text box where the Admin should be optionally be able to add a message to the potential customer along with Quote should be made available.
37. When the admin clicks on "Send Quote button", update database and send login details to the customer to look at the quote on our website.
38. Once the customer logs in using the information sent in Point(32), he/she will be able to view quote, and modify quantities. Should not allow the customer to set the quantities below a certain pre-set minimum level.
39. The process from Point(30) through Point(33) can be re-iterated as many times as needed.
40. Once the customer clicks on "Accept Quote button" on the quote page, the admin is sent an intimation eMail.
41. The admin then estimates the total value and updates the price(Price/gram or lump sum) for each design in the quote. Specifies the shipping and any other costs. The admin will also specify the advance to be paid by the customer and indicate the balance to be paid after completion of production.
42. Once the admin clicks on the "Send final quote button" the quote with price and costs is updated into the database and forwarded to the customer via eMail.
43. The customer can click on the "Pay advance button" if he accepts the quote. Then the customer is taken to payment page where they can make the payment of advance either through Paypal or credit card as specified from Point(21) through Point(24).
44. On receipt of Advance payment from the customer, a receipt of advance payment is sent through eMail to the customer.
45. The quote is the converted to a "Master Catalog" which is then converted to a "Production Catalog". Then quote is processed as in Point(4) through Point(12).
46. Once the order is ready an intimation of order being ready for shipment and request for payment of Balance due is sent to the customer through eMail.
47. The customer can then click on "Pay Balance due button" in the eMail and pay as in Point(21) through Point(24).
48. The goods are shipped on receipt of balance due and the shipment info with tracking number is sent to the customer.
49. A reporting section where reports on
1. Cost of raw materials,
2. Gemstones Bought for each "Production Catalog" with cost, sizes, names, Colours and quantities.
3. Silver bought for each "Production Catalog"
4. Silver advanced to each craftsman for a "Production catalog"
5. Gemstones advanced to each craftsman for a "Production catalog"
6. Goods received after production from each craftsman with indication of order given, goods received and differences if any along with any broken gemstones and silver used in production.
7. Summary of all outstanding orders yet to shipped.
8. Summary of all shipped orders with shipment info.
9. Summary of all outstanding quotes.
10. Summary of all sent quotes
11. Summary of payments info for each customer.
? Advance Paid/Due, with due date.
? Balance Paid/Due, with due date.
12. Cost of items for each design for each "Production Catalog"
13. Margins made through sales for each otter in a "Production Catalog"
In phase 1, we need implementation of "order from stock". Phase 1 needs to be ready in 1 month. Phase 2 will implement the rest of the functionality. Phase 2 should be ready 1 month after finishing Phase 1. As indicated above, we are looking for someone who can develop and deliver for payments made monthly based on delivery.
Phase 1: 500 USD
Phase 2: 500 USD