I am looking for programmers to design a web-based and/or application-based solution for distributing data/files using peer-to-peer technology.
Here is a basic list of the main features:
1. Web interface for users: Users will be able to login and browse webpages giving description, information, etc. about the file available for download and a link will be provided which will trigger the download of the file within the peer-to-peer application installed on the user's PC. Users will also be able to provide payment information to download files/data to which a price tag is attached.
2. Web interface for distributors: file/data distributors will be able to login and upload/share files on the peer-to-peer network. Distributors may choose to give away file/data for free or attach a price tag. Payment/bank account details will need to be provided to receive revenue from downloads. Statistics will have to be recorded (eg number of downloads, etc.)
3. Peer-to-peer server: peer-to-peer server will manage communication with peers and check to see if user is authorised to download file/data. Download will only start once payment has been accepted or if file is available to download for free.
4. Peer-to-peer client: client will manage downloads and file sharing. Files will only be able to be download/shared on peer if authorised (ie user has paid or download available for free).
5. Protocol: develop proprieaty peer-to-peer communications technology that will power the file sharing application (similar to FastTrack which is used by Kazaa, Grokster, and iMesh)
I would be very grateful if you could let me know if you or someone that you know would be interested in this project or provide some advice.
If so could you provide trangible evidence/examples of past experience/projects you have worked on which will help for this project. Ideally please provide your CV.
Also, it is not absolutely necessary that a single person complete this whole project. If you feel that you have relevant experience only for part of this project please get in touch anyway.
I have detailed functional specs ready which I could send so we can discuss the various features in greater detail and get an idea of timescale/price/feasability but would like to have some proof that you have the relevant experience first.
Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.