We have a penny auction site which opened 1 year ago. We closed it in order to have the overall appearance changed and add more functions to it. The code of the site is in asp.net, C#, Ajax. The script of the site has been created from scratch. All work will be done on the existing script so ready made scripts might not be of any use. The existing site is in both English and Greek. The new addons must be in both languages as well. We have a multilingual section in the back end which allows us to do the translation there and have it appear on the front end.
Bidders are kindly requested to contact us before they place their bids, so we can tell them the website URL and sent them the necessary files.
We want to add the improvements as shown below.
1. We want to add an auction type that will only be available to users who have not won an auction yet. (Check [url removed, login to view] "cherry auctions" to get an idea of what we mean) There will be one auction category (the name should be given by the osaosa team). That auction will be available to bidders until they win their first auction. When they win an auction, that particular auction category will not be available to them again.
2. On the home page we want for the top banner to take the whole width of the website. In doing so the login/register box and the how it works box on either side of the banner will be removed and also the numbers on the bottom where it takes you to the different topics replace it with arrows as it is on the www.beezid.com. On the top banner we want for live auctions to appear like it is on [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] (what will be shown:Time remaining, retail price, current price, product image, name and details). The how it works will go underneath the top banner in three steps, please visit [url removed, login to view] to get an idea of what I mean. The design of the page is done.
3. Help menu like [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view] (The FAQ needs to be renamed as Help. So faq will be a part of Help). We want to be able to add topics through the back end and have them appear on the front end.
4. Add video through the back end for each product, which will appear in the front end as shown in the new design.
5. At the end of each auction we want the users that placed 10 bids and over on the item to go into a draw where the winner will get a prize which will be set from the back office. We want to be able to choose the users who will be able to take place in the draw by entering the amount of bids they will have to spend. This and the prize will be set from the back office and will be different every time. The draw will be visible on the front end on the product details page whenever there is a draw. It will appear in the place of the video box (you will see it on the new layout we will send you), which will be replaced by the draw box as soon as the auction has ended. About the appearance of it: what we want is for all users to be able to view the live draw and how a winner is chosen (the draw process). The process make as you think best. It can for example look like a slot machine or a wheel of fortune or whatever you think best. What we want is for the users to see that a draw is made and that they all have a chance. Keep in mind that this will not be a set thing for all auctions it will be selected from the back office whether or not an auction will have a draw or not.
6. New Design implementation. The new design has already been done (HTML files-50% already implemented) and will only need implementation and where some small parts are missing for you to add them according to the new design.
7. Online support mechanism.
8. add zoom effect on the images of the product details page with out affecting bidding process (by covering or hiding it)
9. In bidding history to say whether or not a bid made, is through the autobid or a single bid.
10. This point is very important . The site slows down and gets stuck when many users are logged in and when an auction carries on for a long period of time. Script optimization to improve overall operation of the site so the site should be able to handle thousands of people per day and more. In order to do so the script must be checked for errors and if any to be corrected. FYI we have a dedicated server with 4gb Ram.
11. Full support through live chat or email of 30 days is needed , in case any errors appear after the site has gone live. We would like to be able to communicate throughout the whole development process to make sure everything is going well and to be sure it is coming along the way we want it to. We will have a person available online for this.
The above improvements will be implemented on the already existing website and the person chosen for the job will have to complete all necessary tests and implementations (will have to resolve all problems that might appear concerning the whole site, server, database). The full payment will be done as soon as the whole site is up and running error free. (Full Payment will be made once the application is installed and working on the server).
This could lead to a long term business. We are looking to continue partnership in the future, as the site will be in need of constant upgrading. We need people who are trustworthy and can be on time and on schedule that can deliver. The result of this job will determine future cooperation.
We want programmers to break down the amount of time and cost they want for each point. Also please send us previous work you have done on penny auction sites.
Please keep your Bids low and this needs to be done within the shortest possible time.
Please send us offers which are within the budget stated.
No funny bids and time wasters [url removed, login to view] generic bids! Mention "loula" in your bids.