I'm hoping to find someone who is interested in doing some freelance, for-pay work on a C++ bot (with PHP Web page support) for a private,
free game world.
I would prefer someone who is familiar with Active Worlds and its functionality and limits, however,
I will consider someone who is an excellent coder, is eager to explore a new 3d gaming adventure and is excited about contributing to the creation of
something/someplace cool! Here are some pictures of the world so far: [url removed, login to view]
C++ is most likely the language you'll be using to create a bot that will work in conjunction with the active worlds SDK:
[url removed, login to view]
You will also need PHP skills (?) for creating a remotely-updated, game-related Web page.
You may also choose to create scripts that will work with the already existing bot programs:
Xelagot - [url removed, login to view]
AV99 - [url removed, login to view]
Magsbot - [url removed, login to view]
The project is part of a FREE, PG-rated multi-user game world where both kids and adults can hang out, play games, have a cool time and explore a variety of
entertaining interests with one-another. This RPG-style world is called
'Arcanum' and is located in the 3d universe 'Active Worlds'. -- http:// [url removed, login to view]
What I DON'T want is for this world to become another version of what's already been done (quite well) in Active Worlds.
My vision for Arcanum is that it grow in to a lively community of people who are all engaging in educational ventures, competitive games, open discussion and
safe chat with people of a like mind. To my knowledge, the all-encompassing adventure that
I have planned has yet been attempted in AW. I would like to create something worth remembering ... and worthy of many return visits!
Currently, this is how I am controlling our world's functions:
The Preston bots are:
- controlling all chat functions (colors, bold, titles, etc)
- monitoring swear words/caps/flooding and performing warn and eject, functions
- handling all /home, /join, /ban, /gate and other location commands
- controlling all weather and sky functions
- currently being programmed and will be used as language tutor bots
Note: Due to the Preston's limited listening range and limited dictionary capabilities,
I've had to run six bots simultaneously to do what I've needed so far,
and, I will have to add quite a few more to cover all of the NPC and game needs
that I expect to have.
The Xelagot bots (two that I use regularly) are:
- basic world monitoring
- eject and ban status/control
- daily world back-ups
- individual game scripts (chess, checkers, trivia)
The following is what I envision in Arcanum:
Chat (currently being controlled by two, separate Preston bots functioning as a chat relay):
- Global chat or a /shout command.
- Tourists have black (instead of gray) text.
- Ability to give players "titles" after their names (CT, PS, B, etc)
- Basic swear words/caps/flooding check and eject function.
- Availability of /home, /join, /ban, /gate and other location commands.
- Bot-controlled weather and sky functions.
Gaming: (currently in progress, but needs MUCH more work):
- Quest NPCs stationed throughout the world with the ability to converse with players
- Quest NPCs that are mostly static with a few wandering, bot-controlled NPCs
- Inclusion of MANY varied games and puzzles (both player vs. player and player vs. bot).
*Some examples: Chess, Checkers, Bingo, Othello, Backgammon, Scrabble, object
- Mystery Games (including NPCs and a need to solve clues and puzzles)
- RANDOMLY chosen number puzzles and riddles (solved when the player whispers a number or word to the bot)
- Trivia, defined by a boundary and within a specified trivia zone
- Inclusion of an "event scheduler" programmed in to the bot to announce as well as start/stop/run trivia games, contests, hunts, etc.
Creation of a very basic, (uncomplicated?) RPG set-up which includes:
- a monetary system
- ability to find, pick up and store objects
- sell, buy, and trade with other players and banks
- participate voluntarily in arena-style fights (player vs. player or vs. bot)
What I DON'T want is a full-fledged RPG game! Rather, I would like the world's participants earn recognition, rewards and/or money for the
following types of activities (list subject to change):
- completing quests
- solving puzzles
- winning at chess, checkers, scrabble, etc
- reading a book and discussing the story line in world
- hosting a discussion about a pertinent religious, social or political event
- winning a boxing match
- learning a new language
- winning at trivia
- volunteering their time in world to assist new players
Finally, I would like all of the above "data" regarding winners, high scores, monetary worth, etc. accessible by all players via PHP web page
using a typed chat command in world (/stats, /highscores, etc).
The world and basic infrastructure has been built. Come by and take a
look! =o) I also have some pretty specific ideas as to what I want. That said, with my current bot choices
and current knowledge base, it will be difficult (if not impossible!) for me to accomplish this alone!
If you are interested in assisting me with my worthwhile hobby venture, maybe you can download:
Active Worlds browser - [url removed, login to view]
Preston Bot - [url removed, login to view]
Xelagot - [url removed, login to view]
Magsbot - [url removed, login to view]
... then, perhaps browse the help files?
I am creating a FREE game world, and a lot of the above actions are pretty simple to program once you are familiar with each particular bot
and/or if you have C/C++ knowledge. Also, the above functions are already being utilized in varying combinations in other
3d worlds quite successfully, so, I know that what I'm asking is feasible.
Also, although my 3d world is a hobby and is not (and never will be!) a for-profit venture, my
fiancé and I are more than willing to pay someone a reasonable wage for professional assistance with our gaming project.
Of course, if you just LOVE gaming, C++, PHP and Active Worlds and would like to VOLUNTEER to help
us cause you just can't help yourself ... well, that would be cool too! =o)
Please feel free to take your time reviewing the above "wants list" for Arcanum. If this sounds like something you'd be interesting in taking on,
please respond with the following:
1) with your current level of knowledge, a list of which items above you can/cannot do
2) a preliminary estimate of your asking price to program a bot to handle all of the above actions
3) how many different bots you would expect to have to run the above setup in its entirety
4) any other information you think pertinent to a potential business deal
I hope to receive a positive response some time soon indicating that you might be interested in assisting!
Until then, thank you in advance for your time and consideration!
PS - The above individual and related request for a C++ / PHP coder are not affiliated in any way with Active Worlds, Inc! -- The
above listed job is a private, "hobby" project belonging to one individual who owns a world called 'Arcanum' which is located within the Active Worlds universe.
11 freelancers are bidding on average $751 for this job
Dear Sir/ Madam, Our team have taken a close look at your requirements and have come up with a solution with most competitive bidding rates. This bid is for a highly professional and quality work/service that we render Daha Fazla
We are one of the leading company and having 70 staff in our office. We are having the experice in both c/C++/wxwindow and PHP. Waiting for your positive response for that.
Our bid is for really very high quality work for your C++ / PHP Bot Programmer -- Active Worlds that will be made to be upgradable in case you need some upgrades in future. We will always be available for upgrades. Our Daha Fazla
Hi, I have worked with Active world sdk uptill build 3.4. I have experimented with my own bots. I have checked the sources various available bots that can be customized using scripts. But I prefer to make my own bots. Daha Fazla
Hello! Our company has been in the sphere of webdesign and programming for 7 years already, always providing its clients with excellent service! We can develop your online project that your project will be a top priori Daha Fazla
Hi, We will provide you the solution exactly as per your requirement. We are ISO 9001:2000 Certified IT Solution Provider [url removed, login to view] are the first INDIAN IT company to have a ISO14001:2004 certification. We are committed Daha Fazla
hi,sir ,we have expericence in this project. we have expericence in c++&3D. we will give you competive price GuTeng-Tech Software is a professional offshore outsourcing and offshore software development provider Daha Fazla
Dear Sir, We would like to introduce our team involved in Programming & Web Designs. We have a very strong and professional Programming & Web Design team. We promise you the best quality and the lowest price. In any wa Daha Fazla