We are looking for someone to help us create our web-radio station. Admittedly, we don’t understand all the technical requirements necessary to start this, so we are looking to hire a programmer who can just run with our layman’s explanation on what we want and find the necessary software/player solutions.
Here are the requirements:
- We have mp3 files located in our server, which is hosted by Lunar Pages.
- We already have a website up-and-running, and we want to add a player in that page that will stream the mp3’s located in our server—or a link in the page that will allow a new window to pop-up with the player (See [url removed, login to view] as an example. When I click the play button, a new window appears with the player).
- We will need some kind of DJ software that will allow us to:
(1) Stream the mp3’s in our server randomly, where we can somewhat control the frequency based on rules or ratings for each track. For example, we want Song A to play more than Song B. Or we don’t want Song C to play more than once per day. (I believe SAM Broadcasting software can do this);
(2) At certain parts of the day, we would like to be able to schedule out the mp3’s to play in a specific order. For example, starting at 8pm, we would like Song D to play first, then Song C after, and then Song M, and so on;
(3) Preferred but not required—it would be nice if the DJ software can have multiple decks that will allow songs to fade-in/out with one another.
Please do not hesitate to send a message about specific questions before bidding. It is important to us that the scope of the project is clearly defined to you—especially since we will be heavily relying on you to translate our requirements and finding the right technical solution for what we want.
10 freelancers are bidding on average $349 for this job
Hi. We can finish this job for you in 3 days and give you support later on, however, solution is pretty straight forward. For more details please check PM.