Is it possible to also have an installable software application that can be installed on a user's pc where they can just open the software application to review the traffic details of their site(s) and it gives them the statistical breakdown (like the web version). For example, with the software the user can configure it to pull statistics data from their Awstats or Webalizer web based stats installation and review the data within the software. Take note I am not just looking for a shell browser but a fully integrated stats application.
The user should be able to pull the stats from any sites they have inputted as long as they know the username/password to pull the data from regarding the website. It should then store this information for their retrieval. The stats view should be updated each time they login.
User can compare traffic patterns between sites.
1) Historical traffic patterns, how their traffic has either raised or lowered percentage wise from week to week, month to month day to day. Can show graph comparisons etc.
2) Historical traffic patterns for the search engines, how their traffic has raised, or lowered percentage wise from week to week, month to month day to day
3) Historical traffic patterns and alerts for new keywords they are now being found under. Perhaps an email alert sent to their email address (their choice) when they have received traffic from a new keyword OR from a keyword they specify to be important, it should also specify which search engine, and the ranking for the keyword.
4) Show their rankings in the search engines and be able to(monitor) for keywords they specify. It would display their current rankings for the keywords they specify, and can show their historical data for the keywords (if they moved up or down in the rankings). Search engines (MSN, YAHOO, GOOGLE, ASK).
5) Traffic monitoring for any of their sites, they enter the site and the software pulls up the data for the statistics for that particular site (once they have the compatible web stats version installed on the site itself). So the software would be an easy way of pulling up all your traffic data for multiple sites.
6) Advertising campaign tracking, where you can enter a site you know you've been advertising on, and track the visitors, length of stay for those particular visitors, and entry and exit pages, so you can monitor how profitable and the pattern of visitors coming from that particular advertising site, you can specify the sites.
7) Monitor changing of PageRank and estimate "Future Page Rank" see [url removed, login to view], they have a Future Page Rank tool, we need something like this built into our software.
8) Monitoring PageRank of competitors, input the competitors URL, and review all the sites linking to the competitor, and the anchor text keyword used in the links back to the competitor site.
9) Calculating keyword density of your sites and competitor sites.
10) Saving and Exporting Of Stats Reports
11) Calculate the weight a link from another site may have on your Page Rank. For example the weight from a PR 8 site how it could impact your PR. This can be based on how many outbound links the PR8 has linked along with any other factor that plays into the PR theories
Based on your suggestions would like to know what else do you think would be worth adding, and the possiblity of doing the above. The basic stats information, the Windows application can pull up the data from the web-based stats, and the other aspects like the SEO options would be pulled from the search engines.
The software should be a full software application and not just a browser shell, should have a nice GUI system (very attractive) if you're not good at creating good GUI graphics, I can arrange for the graphics to be created.
Thanks. I will need to see any examples of software applications you've created in the past to be assured you are able to create this one. I will have exclusive rights to this application, which means you cannot resell it, reuse it, it will be my property.