I have an urgent school home work that applies to printing imposition process. Detail as below:
- We have a number of designs (has width, height) and a number of fixed size papers (let says width = W, height = H).
- Create an example (Windows command line is ok) includes the auto-layout algorithm/method in C++ (or Java) to do the auto-layout of designs into the above papers, like CorelDraw or other design tool do.
- The result (in XML or CSV) the arrangement patterns.
Criteria of the algorithm:
- Maximize the number of designs per page
- Minimize the redundant space of each arrangement pattern
- The design can be rotate 90degre to find the optimal arrangement on a paper
- Minimize the number of printing pages to print all the designs (some redundant design after cutting is ok).
- 50 designs of A (with width aw, height ah)
- 10 designs of B (with width bw, height bh)
- 40 designs of C (with width cw, height ch)
- Pattern 1:
+ 2 designs A, no rotate, at coordinates...
+ 1 design B, rotate, ...
+ 1 design C, ...etc
- Pattern 2:
- Pattern n:
n must be an minimal value.
This is an easy task for programmer who work on design imposition or ganging.
Thanks for your interest and PM for questions.