Need to write a C/C++ program in Visual C++ 6.0 to run on the Windows platform. Step 1: Read a matrix of words (each row is a sentence). Count the number of unique words in all sentences combined. Ignore capitalization. Words can be made up (ie not in a dictionary). Count the number of times each unique word appears in a sentence and store counts in a matrix. This matrix will be sparesly populated (most values will be zero). Output this sparse matrix to a file. Ex: Matrix of words (each row is a sentence) The cat is the reason Cat is ora would result in the following: the cat is reason ora ------------------------ The cat is the reason: 2 1 1 1 0 Cat is ora: 0 1 1 0 1 The number of unique words would be 5. And the sparse matrix to output would be: 2 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 Step 2: Given the sparse matrix from Step 1, convert the matrix to CCS (compressed column storage) format and write the resulting arrays to file. See this link for more info: [url removed, login to view]
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. Also must include Visual Studio 6 dsp and dsw files.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Jun 29, 2005 5:44:47 PM:
Please note: The matrix of words to be processed in Step 1 will have 800000 rows and about 68000 unique words.
Also, the formatting of this site made my Step 1 example a little confusing to read. Hopefully this should help:
Ex: Matrix of words (each row is a sentence - ignore the prefixes 1: and 2: They are used only to deliniate new sentences.)
1: The cat is the reason
2: Cat is ora
can be decomposed into the following:
___the cat is reason ora
The number of unique words would be 5.
And the sparse matrix to output would be:
2 1 1 1 0
1 1 1 0 1
Hope this helps.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Jun 29, 2005 5:45:01 PM:
Please also note, the program is intended to be a console app (no GUI).
Windows 2000, Windows XP