Looking for a CakePHP 2.x expert to walk me through programming a Controller unit test case. I already have working unit tests for models, but controllers, which use the Auth component, baffle me. The hiring is for a focused live training session, not for having that controller test written out-of-band. The goal is to learn enough to then test the remainder of the application's business logic. Time is precious, so I need you to give me a jump-start.
- We'll do this live over Google Hangout or Skype, with me driving the IDE and sharing my screen
- I am in the EDT timezone (UTC -4)
- My availability:
-- Tue through Fri 9pm-midnight
-- Sat or Sun 1-4pm
- Expert at Cakephp 2.0+, phpunit, xdebug
- Fluent in English
- Can quickly guide how to write a controller test
- Strong programmer, but fairly new to PHP and CakePHP
- Already have application running, some model unit tests
- Confused by interaction of Auth component, ControllerTestCase(), validate(), generate(), testAction(), etc.
- Flexible on rate based on your credentials
- Ready to start now