I need someone to walk a couple of us through programming a meaningful Cakephp 2.3 unit test for a controller. We already have working unit tests for our models, but controllers, which use the Auth component, baffle us.
The hiring is for a focused live training session, not for having that controller test written out-of-band. The goal is to learn enough to then test the remainder of the application's business logic.
- We'll do this live over Google Hangout, with me driving and sharing my screen
- We're in the EDT timezone
- My availability:
-- Tue through Fri 9pm-midnight
-- Sat or Sun 1-4pm
- Expert at Cakephp 2.0+, phpunit, xdebug
- Fluent in English
- Can articulate how to write a controller test
- Strong programmer, but fairly new to PHP and Cakephp
- Already have application running, some model unit tests
- Confused by interaction of Auth component, ControllerTestCase(), validate(), generate(), testAction(), etc.
- Flexible on rate based on your credentials
- Ready to start now