Custom script/program that will allow me to input an unlimited number of RSS feeds into it, and then:
-"Mash" them up and combine all their content into 1 RSS feed that is completely randomized each time the feed is re-generated on cron, or manually. With variable to select how many stories to feature. Example 10 or 15 stories.
- The option to create mutliple mashed up feeds, each pulling from their own unique multiple RSS feeds. So create Mashed- Up Feed 1, and Mashed-Up Feed 2 etc.
- Allow the option to rescan the multiple RSS feeds and re-generate the single RSS mashed up feeds with the new content that has been added. I would like the option to have this done every 6, 12, 18 and 24 hours. I would probably go every 24 hours, but would like the option to do it more if needed.
-Allow me the option to strip all HTML from the feeds.
- Allow css customization of the title, description and images.
- Allow variable for the length of the description to be used.
- Ideally be able to pull a thumbnail for each story in the article. With an on/off ability.
- Be able to turn on or off the "show author" of article.
-Allow me to open up the single combined feed and edit all the "titles" by clicking on them. Same with the content within the feed.
- Would like to have a template based system where I can plug in multiple of these mashed up feeds into specifc areas of my website.
- Must be able to take this script/program and be able to install on multiple domains etc, so not locked down to one domain/server.
If you are familiar with Yahoo Pipes (a plus) they have many ways to mash up RSS feeds...it is ok to use them as the basis for this project. This is one pipe I love as an example of a mashup option using rottentomatoes and youtube made with Yahoo Pipes. [url removed, login to view]
This site sort of does what I am looking for as well: [url removed, login to view]
I have many custom script and program projects "waiting in the wings" and I'm always looking for new scripters and programmers. Please take this into account with your bids.
Feel free to PM me with any questions