Financial Consulting Business Web Site Requirements
NOTE: This document contains preliminary draft requirements and is not intended to be complete in all details. The functionality listed is representative of that required by the client but will require additional elaboration.
We have a client who assists businesses in obtaining financing through a variety of sources and programs. Our client desires to develop a new website to promote his business and help streamline the processing of financing applications and related documentation.
This new site will allow applicants to fill out a preliminary application online--which will then be automatically scored. The client will be able to review all applications and then allow applicants to upload additional documentation to the site. Once all documentation has been uploaded, the client will be able to send relevant applicant information to selected lending institutions and have those institutions visit the site to review and download the applicant's paperwork.
The site will have a very clean appearance and will be extremely easy for applicants, lending institutions, client staff, and other visitors to navigate.
Sample Use Cases
Online Application Completion
A user visits the client's site and completes a preliminary online application for financing. This application will contain approximately 15-16 questions designed to collect preliminary information on the applicant to determine whether the applicant is a suitable candidate for financing services and the type of financing which might be appropriate for the applicant. During the online application process, an email address and password are also collected for the applicant (which are later used to automatically create a user account).
Once the application is complete, all information related to the application is stored in the database. A user account is also created for the applicant.
The applicant's status will be set as "Pending Review".
The applicant will have the option to print a PDF version of the online application for his own records.
The applicant is sent a confirmation/account activation email by the system letting him know his application has been received and is being processed and that a user account has been created .
Once the account application has been completed, the system will score the application based on a pre-defined scoring model established by the client. This score will be included in the database with the other account information--but will not be visible to the applicant.
An (optional) email will be sent to the client or his representative(s) letting them know that a new application is available in the system for review.
Online Application Review
The client or his representatives will have the ability to pull up a table containing all pending applications from applicants. This table will contain the applicant name, application date, application status, documentation status, and score. The client or his representative will be able to sort by any column in the table. The client may click on any applicant's name to drill down to additional information on the applicant (see Online Applicant Management Use Case) to view the applicant detail.
The client or his representatives will be able to search for any applicant using the applicant's company name, phone number, email address, social security number or tax ID number.
Online Applicant Management
The client or his representatives will be able to pull up all information related to an applicant. Once an applicant's information is retrieved, the applicant can be managed.
The client or his representative will be able to change the status of any applicant to any of the available statuses. (Status changes are manual and do not occur through an automated workflow.)
Note: If the Applicant's Status is changed to Awaiting Documentation, the applicant will sent an email requesting that he log in to the site and upload the appropriate documentation.
The client or his representative will also be able transmit a notice to user-selected lending institutions letting them know an applicant is available for their review.
Applicants, whose status is "In-Progress", may upload documentation relating to their application. As the documentation may vary from client to client, a specific list of required documents will not be provided at the time of upload. However, a list of typical documents will be provided on the upload page.
Applicants will not necessarily upload all of their documentation at one time. Applicants must be able to replace documents or upload additional documents at a later time.
Creation/Update of Lending Institution Accounts
The client or his representatives must be able to add/edit/udpate information related to partner lending institutions. The client must be able to basic contact information for a single individual at the lending institution as well as add/update free form text related to the type of financing provided by the institution.
Transmission to Lending Institution
Once an applicant has entered all of his documentation, the client or his representatives will manually select a one or more lending institutions to notify regarding the applicant's application. Notifications will be sent be email. The applicant's account will be annotated to show which lending institutions have received the applicant's information and on what date.
Note: We do not yet have confirmation from the client whether the applicant will be allowed to see this information when they view their account.
Lending Institution Account Access
An approved user from a lending institution will be able to log into the site. Upon login, they will see a list of the active applicants which they have been assigned. From this list, they may drill down to any applicant. Once they have drilled down on an applicant, they may download all of the documentation associated with that applicant.
Question: How difficult would it be to compile all of the applicant's documentation into a single PDF and allow it to be downloaded as a single document?
Account Self Management
All users in the system must be able to update their own usernames and passwords. They must also be able to initiate lost password requests.
• As this site contains very confidential and proprietary information, it must be highly secure.
• The web site will provide basic marketing information for clients.
• The site will contain contact information and a contact form.
• The site will contain a client-managed "library" of documents, forms, and other useful information regarding financing. This information will only be available to registered applicants who have reached the "Awaiting Documentation" status.
All applicants will have one of the following statuses.
• Pending Review - New applicant whose initial application which has not yet been evaluated.
• In-Progress - Applicant's application is currently being reviewed but no determination has been made as to likely eligibility.
• Awaiting Documentation - Application has been evaluated and applicant is a viable candidate for financing but documentation is not complete.
• Documentation Complete - The documentation is complete but has not yet been transmitted to any lender.
• Lender Review - The applicant's information has been forwarded to potential lenders for further review.
• Funding - The applicant has been approved for financing and is in the process of completing all funding paperwork.
• Hold - The applicant is in a holding status.
• Cancelled - The applicant's application process was cancelled.
• Denied - The applicant's application was denied.
graphics will be developed by a 3rd part company and based on a 960px grid. You will need to slice and implement in the Fusion theme.
This site will be implemented using Drupal 6. Some of the modules which will be configured for this site include:
• Administration Menu
• Backup and Migrate
• Google Analytics
• Organic Groups
Additional modules may be required.
Notes to Bidders
All bidders should provide the following information with their bids.
• You should provide a detailed explanation of how this site will be implemented.
• You should provide a comprehensive list of the specific Drupal modules which you feel may be relevant for implementation in this site.
• You should provide detail on any custom Drupal modules you feel will need to be created.
• You should provide an itemized estimate based on implementation of each of the features listed in this document. Based on your estimate, the client may choose to implement all of the functionality or scale back.
Note: Bidders who do not provide ALL of the above information will not be considered.
Price, quality, and experience will all be factors in awarding this project.
Additional Bidder Requirements
• Before awarding this project we will need to speak by phone or Skype to discuss the project, the capabilities of your company and staff, your previous Drupal experience.
• You must be able to provide resumes for the specific developers who are assigned to this project.
• During the project, we must have access to the developers who are performing this work--both by phone and email.
• Configuration must be updated to our servers and verified as functional before payment for each milestone