For a customer of ours, an osCommerce extension needs to be build that can create newsletters with pdf attachements as per the requirements listed below:
- The newsletter creation process must commence through a wizard or a single page.
Step 1: Selecting products & create two pdf files; one as attachement and one for the website
Step 2: Selecting recipients (groups or individuals (if individuals, the user must be able to enter the mail address manually or select them from a list (from the osCommerce customer tables)
Step 3: Editing text of newsletter
Step 4: Send e-mail and publish pdf file on website
- The text in the newsletter must be editable through an online editor, supporting html and clear text
- The text must be created through an online editor, supporting html and clear text
- The newsletter will contain attachements
- The newsletter can be sent to a group of people, based upon customer groups in osCommerce
- The newsletter can be sent to individuals
The attachements are automatically generated based upon the requirements below
- The newsletter attachement is a pdf file
- Two pdf files need to be generated
- The contents of pdf file one are a list with images, description, name and price excl. VAT
- The contents of pdf file two are a list with images, description, name but no price information
- Pdf one needs to be send as a newsletter
- Pdf two needs to be saved to disk and displayed on a page for visitors to view
- Pfd files are created automatically
- The pdf file is filled with new products. Products are selectable.
- Products that have been changed or added to the catalog after the last newsletter should be selected automatically.
A sample pdf will be supplied upon selection of developer.
1. Create a pdf file with newest products
2. Attach pdf file to email to be sent as newsletter
3. Send email to subscribers or individuals
3. Publish pdf file without price info on a webpage
Week 1: development
Week 2: development + Demo
Week 3: Deployment to our server
Week 4: Test Runs + Documentation
Week 5: Project Complete
Deviation from the planning is unacceptable, except for outperforming the planning and exceptional circumstances.
We will put the money for the selected developer into escrow and release upon the following schedule:
After Demo, release escrow part 1
After successfull deployment and demo on our test server, release escrow part 2
After succesfully completed test runs (three) on our test server, release escrow part 3
After delivery of documentation, release escrow part 4
Payment will only be made after a fase is complete. If work cannot be completely done, no payment will be made and project will be cancelled.
Deadline for the project is February 15th. If you have questions, then please ask them before