I need an Excel database turned into an Access DB as the Excel file is getting too large to handle now.
It is for an artist (a painter) in the UK who has over 2,500 paintings already.
There are 4 main tables now - paintings, prices, agents & customers. You may want to break the paintings table down into 4 smaller tables - one for painting details, one for inventory information, one for sales & one for payments.
There are currently 10 reports that are run off pivot tables but need to be re-written in Access.
We need a data entry form for each table.
We would like to add JPG images into the painting table now as currently in Excel there are only hyper-links to images.
As it is in the UK, we need UK date formats used, not American.
A subset of the Excel system is attached for your review.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows: For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Jun 29, 2005 1:41:48 PM:
I have uploaded a subset of the Excel system for you to get an idea of what the data & reports look like.
It still needs some explanation as to how the codes gets translated & what soem of the columns mean, but it will give youa general idea...
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Jul 5, 2005 4:08:14 PM:
Thanks for all your bids, everyone.
My client has just now gone on holiday for 3 weeks, so I will discuss with him my top 10 bids on his return & we will then make our final selection. Once we have done that, we would like the database developed in 2 weeks - a first pass within one week and then a second pass a week later after receiving feedback.
As I have worked with this client in the past, I can assure you that there will be quite a few changes to the UI and reports as soon as they have had a chance to use them for a while.
If any of these new details has put you off or changed your bid price, please let me know. Otherwise, I will assume that you last bids still stand.
Thanks for your patience & I will get back to you in 3 weeks.