The project contains three phases:
1) Project definition and building the web interface (20% of total project)
2) Building and testing the programs. After this phase we will use it for a couple of weeks before finalizing the project. Including writing a manual for the administrator and a user manual.(50% of the total project)
3) Improve the functionality and make some small changes. Polish the look and feel to make it compatible with other parts of our website.
Improve the administration and user manual. We also need good documentation on the program itself. (30% of the total project)
Purpose of this project:
We create test reports for most of our equipment. We want to improve the way these documents are provided to our [url removed, login to view] customers want to select the reports for download on various criteria. These criteria will be different among many of these customers. It might be necessary to make the selection screens configurable to avoid an overwhelming amount of information.
Each report may only be showed and downloaded by the customer self.
We want to keep track of the first date the document is downloaded and the amount of times it is downloaded.
On the website we will make use of mysql and php where the reports are created in-house on ms-sql and visual basic.net.
In the definition phase we will define the project into great detail,some elements of the project are mentioned in the attached zip file.
We would like to receive bids on the whole project or bids on phase 1 and an indication for phase 2 and phase 3.
Depending on the bids we receive we will decide to accept bids for the whole project or split it into 2 projects.
We plan to pay for every phase (phase 1:20%, phase 2: 50% , phase 3: 30%). With the 30% for the final phase we want to emphasize the importance to create a customer oriented solution. After phase 2 customers will start using the site and we might expect a lot of comments from them.
Let it be clear that after phase 2 the coder and we would consider the program ready.
REMARK WE HAVE DECIDED TO START ONLY WITH PHASE 1 OF THE PROJECT (APRIL 17)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).