This project is for a business system to be used by construction companies. The construction company’s business is to bid on, win, and complete customized construction projects for both residential and commercial customers. In addition, the company has maintenance contracts (repeated jobs on a scheduled basis) as well.
The business system functions include:
* Customer database.
* Item database.
* Creating of Proposal documents for Customers
* Creating Work Order documents for workers to complete
* Tracking and enforcement of work flow processes.
* Scheduling of workers for construction jobs.
* Integration of system to accounting software for
invoicing of completed jobs.
**Scope of project**
This project involves the following development activities:
Creation of an overall “framework?? for the system, in which both current features and new features can be easily added to in a modular fashion.
Conversion of an existing system’s features into functional modules that work on the new framework.
Creation of new modules to add features that work on the new framework.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
The existing system, as well as the target system, is a traditional client / server system that will run on Windows systems from Windows 98, on up to Windows XP. The following table outlines the current and targeted technology used for various components of the system:
| **Component:** | **Existing System:** | **Target System:** | **Notes:** |
| Client programming | Visual Basic 6 | C# / .NET | Take advantage of .NET |
| Database | SQL Server 2000 | SQL Server 2000 / MSDE | MSDE for smaller installation. |
| Reports | Crystal Reports 8.5 | Crystal Reports for .NET | Simple upgrade |
| User Interface | Traditional dialogs, buttons and grids, etc. | Infragistics Suite for .NET | Switch to “Outlook?? style user interface. |