The [web site] that requires an upgrade currently uses a customized CVS (May 2003) version of OsCommerce [url removed, login to view] and runs on a Unix server. Although some pages suggest that [url removed, login to view] is installed, I don’t think this is the case. The goal of the upgrade consists of adding specific functionalities given the type of services sold through the web site.
The site is used to sell professional training sessions. Those sessions are offered at various places worldwide and typically last from 1 to 3 days. People use the site to visualize the catalog of sessions available and register to attend one or several of them. The site is bilingual (French/English) and most training sessions are also offered in these 2 languages.
I will consider bids offering only partial implementations of features listed in section 3 below (although slave-master is mandatory). Please state clearly what is included in your bid.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
**1 Current site: Installed (and used) contributions that must be implemented in the new site**
* Admin password
* Category description
* Purchase Order
* Shoppe Enhancement Controller was installed but only specific contributions were used:
* Attributes Sorter & Copier with Weight (might no longer be needed with master/slave contrib.)
* Page Redirect on Continue Buttons
* Header Tags Controller
* Header Tags Controller Admin
* All Products
* HTML WYSIWYG Editor
* Define Main Page
* User Tracking
* Mo Pics
* Main Categories Display with modifications
**2 Current customizations: must also be replicated in the new implementation**
* No current use of the product manufacturer field : must be hidden on all public pages, but corresponding code should only be commented to keep it for future use;
* No direct use of the product weight: it has been used as the session length (in days). This setting could be kept in the new implementation, otherwise a new field should be added to take care of this information;
* Specific terminology: Done through the language files, should be transferred in the new site;
* No use of the shipping module: must disappear especially in the registration process;
* Box with custom links (other sites, instructors information, …);
* Download a course outline in pdf format;
* Different subdomains for each language: on language change, the subdomain is automatically replaced by its counterpart in the other language (see currently working site);
**3 New features to be added**
* Master and slave products contribution: Master products correspond to the generic product while slave products correspond to the different dates, locations and languages of the sessions.
* Additional fields for product (session) description: Date, Location, language. The end user should have the ability to click (hyperlink) on a specific location or language to display a list of sessions scheduled in a given language or at a given location;
* Taxes: for sessions taking place in Canada, public servants do not pay particular taxes and this depends on the level of government (provincial or federal). The new implementation must allow public servants to indicate whether they are exempted from specific taxes so that this is reflected in the total price.
* Hold me a place: allow people to temporarily reserve a spot for a specific training for a given period of time.
* Calendar: Access the list of available sessions through an online calendar with links leading to the corresponding session description.
* Geographical map (or equivalent): Access the list of available sessions through an online map with links leading to the corresponding session description.