Software is for the private hire, coach hire and possibly tour operatins.
We are wanting to emulate [url removed, login to view]
But ours will be very simplified version, and probably smaller, as most bus and coach operators want a simple system.
In fact thats what we might call the system.
The attachment is probably far too complicated for what we want.
It is not fully decided whether the software will be desk based or web based. We need you to guide us and tell us the pros and cons.
The goal of the software is to save time in administration. The information in the attachment is probably alot more than what we require on the application.
The business cycle is as follows:
1. A prospect calls the coach hire company
2. The coach hire company takes the booking details and then checks the diary for availability.
3. The coach hire company rings back the prospect giving the quote availability.
4. the coach hire company books the coach provisionally.
5. The prospect sends a deposit.
6. The coach trip is confirmed
7. The provisional booking can be converted into a confirmation, invoice, work ticket for the driver.
The fields from the initial quote can be selecteded to include, or not include on the work ticket. For example, it may be possible not to include the price of the coach hire on the work ticket.
Must synchronise with a pa and soem screens shouldbe available on pda.
Please only give us a quote, if you are experienced, can show examples of your work, and give 2 references.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Please suggest whether it should be a web based application or desk top.