I require a Database to build and track quotes.
this database should be:
Developed for Access 2003
It Must be multi-user
The main "Quote Screen" shall resemble a template I have and will provide.
I will expect to hear from the coder at least every other day, and will expect not to be lied to about deadlines
I will not accept any logo’s or advertising in this database…
I will need all currency and values in US figures
I am looking for someone who can create what I want, not someone who will try and convince me to use what they have created.
Rent A Coder requirements notice: As originally posted, this bid request does not have complete details. Should a dispute arise and this project go into arbitration "as is", the contract's vagueness might cause it to be interpreted against you, even though you were acting in good-faith. So for your protection, if you are interested in this project, please work-out and document the requirements onsite.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows? (depending on the nature? of the deliverables):
a)? For web sites or? other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software? installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Jan 16, 2006 9:02:25 AM:
The database I require is to track Quotes,
I work for a manufacturing client who needs to track Quotes for the products they make,
We sell their products direct, to resellers and though distribution
Because our Salesmen may work for us directly, or someone else and sell our products as Manufactures reps., we refer to all salesmen as “Agents “
Because our resellers may be ( Distributors or Normal Dealers ) we refer to them as “Customers??
Agents & Customers may belong to businesses of there own, and in many cases may have several salesmen, and several locations, and we need to be able tell them apart, this is why we require contact and address information on each
They in turn have there own Customers or Clients, we refer to them as “End Users??
Because our products are of a technical nature and are usually custom built for the End Users application, we need to track who ends up with the products as well ensure that no matter who the End User obtains the products from that we have done our best to see that they were quoted a comparable price, whether they obtained a Quote from us direct or from a distributor, or reseller.
The price that they charge for their products is arrived at by what the customer paid the last time, and what the market will allow… This is the whole point of this Database so we standardize our procedures and prices..
I expect to have 3 ??" 5 concurrent users, entering and retrieving older quotes all at the same time.
We have a standard Windows 2003 Domain, with our Domain Controller acting as the main File Server, We also have a second File server.
I want to keep this Database project as simple as possible, at the present time we will only be using it in ??" house and have no need for remote access.
I feel that by keeping this in a MS Access format if I need to make simple changes ( and anytime you have 3-5 people trying to use an application you will have requests for changes ) I should be able to accomplish them myself, or have you or any other coder make the changes with out a hassle .
I am very concerned about using any other format other than MS Access as:
1. I am a Network and Hardware expert, not a Software Programmer ( No offence never wanted to be one, I just love turning a screwdriver though )
2. I and management want to stick with a program format that can be readily changed by many people.
3. We already have some data that has been entered into 3 other databases that contain information I would like to import ( Although I do expect to use “Cut & Paste?? as they are not in the correct format )
As far as the Database goes:
- We may sell 1 or 20 items on one order so the quotes need to also handle this
- As I stated before we want to refer to all currency in US dollars, I believe all other weights and measures are also in US too. But we do sell out of the country so Phone Numbers and addresses need to allow for this
- The main screen we want to call “Quote?? should serve as a working input area, our in-house personal should be able to fill this scree n out while talking to “Agents?? on the phone, It should flow easily from one area to the next and appear as close to the printed result as possible, I use QuickBooks a lot and I like the way everything fits on one screen and when you print it lots almost the same. I think this is pretty constant though most accounting programs, Though I do not expect this to be an accounting package.
- As we have an accounting department and they will not be interfacing with this at all, we do not need any accounting functions.
- We need to track:
- Agents ( Who is the salesmen )
- Customers ( Who is ordering this from us )
- End Users ( Who will be using this )
Agents, Customers, and End Users should auto fill the Address and Phone Numbers when entered or looked up. And if we need to add a new one an entry screen should open right on top of the Quote screen so we don’t need to leave the form.
-Freight terms ??" we do not need to figure the freight on this form but we do need to document what the parties have agreed to as far as the terms IE: Collect, 3rd Party, UPS or what ever
- We will need a section for comments
- The sub-form for Catalog Items should allow for multiple Catalog Items to be quoted at the same time my example only shows 1, but when the user tabs though that one it should start on the next Item. Also Description, and prices should auto fill as well as calculate totals. Our “Unit Cost?? is for internal use only and should be shaded in a different color so it is not as easy to read. This should help to keep people from telling the other people on the line what it is by accident.
-On the top we want the date to auto fill
-The Quote number will need to be alpha-numeric and manually filled in, as different number schemes may be used by different people.
-The print buttons should create a printable version suitable for FAX / e-mail / or Snail Mail, We will need two b uttons they should create duplicate forms with only one difference One will say Quote across the top the other will sales Sales Order, this will be used internal to our company.
-The follow up section is to track our success rate and track info on the sales process.
We will want to look up Quotes by Date, Quote Number, Agent, Customer, End User, Items, Comments, Sales Order #, PO Number, and any other way you think would be good.
-As far as the deadline goes, the 15 day is not a hard and fast rule for me, I don’t think it starts until a bid has been accepted, and I can wait a longer if I know the project will be done correctly.
- I have tried to be as specific as possible, if there are any questions please do not hesitate to ask, I realize that on-line chatting, at least for me, is not the best way for me to communicate, and I wish to avoid any problems with language barriers so if you are not fluent in American English please let me know.
I think that answers all of the questions I have received so far…
Please let me know if there are any others…