We need a website designed and developed for a freight/trucking company. This is mostly an administrative website. If you are only capable of either the design or the development, please let me know and bid accordingly.
Please include examples of work you have previously done, WE WILL NOT ACCEPT BIDS WITHOUT EXAMPLES OF PREVIOUS WORK.
Deadlines: We will need two or three mockups by April 1. The remainder of the site should be finished within 3-4 weeks after the final design is agreed upon.
1) Masculine feel (truckers), but clean and easy to read & navigate.
2) Flash header with an animation of a freight liner moving across the page (let us know if you need help with finding an appropriate photo/graphic)
3) Sections: Home, About the Company, Rate Request Form, Log In.
4) Please do not use any identifying marks that would show that this project is being outsourced. This is overflow work for a web design company and we need to preserve our own company identity.
1) Log in - truckers: Truckers can update the status of their shipments. Updating the status sends an automatic e-mail to the appropriate customer.
2) Log in - customers: Customers may check the status of their shipments online.
3) Log in - admin: Enter/view customer details, trucker details, shipments details. Shipments should be sortable by date range, status, and customer.
4) Rate request form: This will e-mail the results to the website owner so he can follow up with the potential customer.
If we like your work, we will most likely use you for future projects (another developer we found through Rent A Coder has been assigned 5 projects within the past month).
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).