What we need is the following:
We are in need to use a barcode scanner for our OSCommerce webshop.
The codes we want to use are type EAN13 codes.
The modification has to do the following:
-> Adding barcodes
Using the catalog to add barcodes:
- Add a field in the product page to add the barcode for the item either manually (type into field) or using a barcode scanner.
- Create an extra field into the Easy Populate module so the EAN-code can be added with the uploading of new items.
Use an order to add barcodes:
- Add a barcode in the order page just by clicking an item in the order, scan the item and add it .
- Add a barcode manually in the order by filling in a field.
-> Scanning incoming items
When a barcode of an item is scanned it must show the ordernumber on screen and check the item in the order as present (oldest order first!). When an item has no barcode checking must be done manually. Number of items in stock must be be visable in the order (behind the item)
In case of more then one (similar) items add as many as required (either by typing the number or scan it as many times) before check the item as present(show remaining items needed).
-> Shipping the order
If an order is complete (stock meets required number of items) then change status of this order into "order complete".
When the box with the order is ready then the shipping label must be scanned and then the stock of the items shipped has to be lowered with the amount of items in this order. (Make button "shipped") and set order status "shipped". In this orderstatus the scanned shippinglabel number has to be in the comment in the orderstatus which is then emailed to the customer (with link to tracking url).
So basicly when we receive items from our manufacurer we scan all these items and each item is added into stock and added to the orders which the items are required.
When items are already in stock then mark order "order complete".
customer purchase item X.
When we receive item X from our manufacturer we scan item X.
Item X is then added to stock and marked on the order of the costumer.
When order is complete change orderstatus into "order complete"
When item X is boxed for shipping the shipping label is scanned and new order status "shipped" is emailed to customer along with shippinglabel number.
Stock of item X is lowered with 1.
- Able to create a list of all stock items (not showing items which are not in stock).
- Printing a barcode on label with item on top.
- printing address+ordernumber+logo on label direct from order.