The overall goal of this project is to develop a deal aggregator site that operates like a daily deal site.
1. We already have a Daily Deal site in operation, which is PHP based on the Code Ignitor framework utilizing MySql and MD5 encryption.
2. We'd like to now consider moving into the deal aggregator space.
3. We're planning on focusing on 5 cities to begin with. These cities may require multiple languages and currencies, and even if they don't we will need this support ASAP and this should be included.
4. Let's assume we partner with Groupon & Living Social in each city (we'll work out partnership deals with them). We anticipate working with far more than 2 providers, so the system should be able to handle an unlimited number of partners.
5. We'd like to pull in the Groupon & Living Social deals via API/RSS or some other way.
6. These deals are pulled onto our site and into an auto-generated email to our member base
7. The key difference is that unlike a typical deal aggregator site which routes the user to Groupon or Living Social to complete the purchase, the purchase will happen fully on our site.
8. The user will have a single account with us, and their user details will not be forwarded to Groupon/LS, thus, they can check all deals bought in one location and receive a single email.
9. The vouchers will need to conform to Groupon/LS design and format as well as voucher code standards --- obviously, the voucher generation will differ with each partner.
10. The vouchers can show the logo of Groupon/LS – as they'll be no different than purchasing direct.
11. Finally, we'll auto-send the voucher information to Groupon/LS so that they can inform their merchants of the vouchers generated through our system as well as bill us accordingly.
There are many options for deal aggregator scripts out there. Two that we've explored are via Agriya and NDot, both are under $500. We're okay to buy one of these and use it to combine with our current platform. Thus, we believe this is more about integrating two scripts than building something from scratch. We're open to whatever approach will work best.
Please reply with your plan of how to do this, any experience in the daily deal/aggregator space, and the word PENGUIN as the very first word of your reply. This will show me that you've actually read, and hopefully understand what we're trying to accomplish.
The end result will be expected to be 100% bug-free, intuitive, and as close to 100% automated as possible. We will not work with vendors who have low feedback or very few jobs completed. We will work only via escrow, and delays will not be tolerated. All work will be the sole property of our company, and the developer will retain zero rights to the work. there will clearly be ongoing opportunity for development if the vendor provides satisfactory work, but we will not be limited to the vendor in any way. This project will also be posted to eLance and possibly another site. Please bid competitively, but sufficiently to ensure your satisfaction with the payment received.