We have a fully functionally highly customized version of OScommerce we use for our site [url removed, login to view] and some of our online courses are in a customized version of an older moodle [url removed, login to view] . We want to eliminate maintaining two systems and simply want one use Moodle 2.0.2 platform that is easy to maintain and add courses. We need the install to be done such that the current site stays live and when you are ready to install the new moodle, our site is only down for a few hours.
We need various plugins installed and the following customizations:
1. Shopping cart so courses can be purchased – we do not want the current paypal ipn as we do not want the customer to leave our site. We have paypal pro merchant account. Moodle 2.0.2 has a built in shopping cart so really this module involves tweaking the paypal ipn to work with paypal pro merchant account. We do not a separate shopping cart front like we currently have with Oscommerce. The customer should be shopping on the moodle site. We want as few screens to checkout as possible. Should be allowed to add a coupon during the checkout and it should account for credits/balance they may already have in their account
2. Access to course for a certain time in days from purchase
3. SEO friendly-see our current urls. We also want these to still work via forwarding or something else because they have been indexed.
4. Ability to reuse content for multiple courses such that if several courses use the same pdf, then the pdf only needs to be on the server once. Moodle may already do this but in case it does not, we want this
5. Keeps track of time a person spends in the course so that the admin/teacher can see how much time was spent in each lesson and in the course as a whole -moodle may already do this
6. Contingent course path such that you have to accomplish a task such as certain % on a quiz before being able to go to the next lesson- moodle may already do this
7. Ability to randomize final exam from a pool of questions. moodle may already do this
8. Ability to print certificate at successful completion of course. The certificate should be dynamic such that our system does not store a copy of each certificate. - moodle may already do this
9. Ability to easily create a certificate template which will differ by course
10. Ability to make it so certain tasks such as the final exam do not open up for a certain amount of time: either time spent in course or time since purchase.
11. Complete install and customization/branding with our logos, text, etc.
12. Ability to ask certain questions depending on what course is purchased. For instance, for some courses, we need to ask the student's social security number. These questions need to come right after they pay. Somehow, after the student registers, when they start the course, we need to ask this question and capture the response. Perhaps as a separate quiz but the teacher/admin needs to be able to easily see their response.
13. Ability to add custom options when purchasing such as different shipping options, similar to atributes in Oscommerce
14. We also want our current student data from Oscommerce migrated over to this new system
15. Categories and subcategories of courses so we can arrange them. We also want to be able to customize the text and images on each category. You can see how we have it now on [url removed, login to view] where you can click on the industry and the state and each has a description and we can add text above and below the listing of courses/products.
16. Course listing headers. We want to be able to add certain items per course such as the number of hours, provider, price, buy now. An example page is [url removed, login to view]
17. Ability to enter cost of course which would only be visible to admin
18. Easy to upgrade to newer versions of moodle such that we do not have a hard time upgraded with the plugins and customizations.
19. 25. Ability to create various types of coupons/discounts with different options such as one time usage, for certain courses or categories, XX time usage, expires on certain date, etc
20. Here are some (See attachment) of the plugins that we saw on the moodle site that we think we need. We say think because we are not clear if some of the functionality is already built into moodle. It is up to you to figure out which ones need to be installed and which ones are already there and install them.