We have a fully functionally highly customized version of OScommerce we use for our site [url removed, login to view] and some of our online courses are in a customized version of http://www.moodle.com. We want to eliminate maintaining two systems and simply want one platform that is easy to maintain and add courses. We want a recommendation of which platform and it has to have the following features. If it does not have the feature built in then we would expect you to custom build the feature:
1. Shopping cart so courses can be purchased
2. Easy to make courses such as powerpoint to interactive course
3. Ability to purchase one bundle which gives access to several courses
4. Access to course for a certain time in days from purchase
5. SEO friendly
6. Easy to add courses to system
7. Ability to reuse content for multiple courses such that if several courses use the same pdf, then the pdf only needs to be on the server once.
8. Keeps track of time a person spends in the course
9. Contingent course path such that you have to accomplish a task such as certain % on a quiz before being able to go to the next lesson
10. Ability to randomize final exam from a pool of questions.
11. Various test options with feedback on correct answer for final exam
12. Ability to print certificate at successful completion of course. The certificate should be dynamic such that our system does not store a copy
13. Ability to easily create a certificate template which will differ by course
14. Ability to make it so certain tasks such as the final exam do not open up for a certain amount of time: either time spent in course or time since purchase.
15. Integration with paypal merchant account
16. Complete install and customization/branding with our logos, text, etc.
17. Ability to ask certain questions depending on what course is purchased. For instance, for some courses, we need to ask the studentâs social security number. Somehow, after the student registers, when they start the course, we need to ask this question and capture the response
18. Ability to add custom options when purchasing such as different shipping options, similar to atributes in Oscommerce.
19. ability to create scorm courses such as in [url removed, login to view]
20. We also want our current student data migrated over to this new system
21. Specific assignment such that a teacher or admin only has access to their courses and students information including the order
22. Categories of courses so we can arrange them. We also want to be able to customize the text and images on each category. You can see how we have it now on [url removed, login to view] where you can click on the industry and the state and each has a description and we can add text above and below the listing of courses/products.
23. Course listing headers. We want to be able to add certain items per course such as the number of hours, provider, price, buy now. An example page is [url removed, login to view]
24. Ability to set percentages so that people can get referral credit towards more purchases for referring a new student. We should be able to set the amount of the referral per course or a certain dollar or percentage amount across the board which applies if a specific per course amount is not set
25. Ability to create various types of coupons/discounts with different options such as one time usage, for certain courses or categories, XX time usage, expires on certain date, etc
So far we have considered [url removed, login to view] , [url removed, login to view], custom built LMS to work with our current OScommerce , [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view]
We like efrontlearning and openelms of these. We will not pay any recurring licensing fees and the system should work for an unlimited number of students.