I have an existing Google Maps mashup site, but am having problems working with the Google Maps API (I'm a graphic designer by trade, programming/development is foreign to me). I need to:
• display custom map markers. I've designed the graphical elements, just need them to display properly (not the default red circle markers)
• have the map markers cluster at a wide zoom level
• have a drop down menu attached to the search function of the site, populated by an existing MySQL database
• automate text to be abbreviated into a graphical symbol (for example: 10:30am English > 10:30am (e) )
• have the graphical submit button to be functioning, complete with hover & on-click states
The map obtains its 200+ addresses from a MySQL database that I am maintaining. Looking to get these tasks done within a week. If that's totally unrealistic, let me know. It's hard for me to gauge development time!
Thanks & looking forward to working with you!