Please see attached as agreed.
Problem 1. I don't fully understand CCS Stylesheets and it believe it is causing some problems with the content being displayed differently across different browers. The site looks how I want on IE8 and FireFox which I have at home but I have IE7 at work and this displays differently. I will check chrome tonight. I'm not sure which browser you use and how it looks?
Can you have a look at the following problems and see if they can be easily fixed. I think it is to do with CSS style sheets and have probably laid out the styles badly. If you can review this and let me know if it can be fixed that would be great. If it is difficult to fix and the probably is only IE7 then maybe I'll live with it and leave alone.
- list icons on left hand side appear close together on IE7. FF and IE8 seem fine. What is the reason for this and is there an easy fix? Similar problem on [url removed, login to view]
- Also in FF the heading on the left column is written in blue but in IE it is in black. Also the main heading in column two in IE7 looks really small, but is bigger and the right size in IE8 and FF.
See attached Jpeg
- I have a problem with the Header Tags for SEO. You will see in the database that I have a field that I use to enter my header tags. This works very well. The only problem I have is for the dynamic pages. The problem is that for a dynamic page like [url removed, login to view] I can only enter one set of meta tags (e.g. title & description). I can enter wildcards like I have at the moment which will change the meta tag and insert the category name but this means that the meta tags across all the pages are quite similar which isn't good for SEO. I would like to have a way to be able to have individual meta tags for pages on [url removed, login to view] and products.php. At the moment if I enter the full address of a dynamic page (e.g. [url removed, login to view]) into a database it won't be accepted.
I'm wondering if the best way would be to create another field in the current header part of the database where I can enter specific tags for pages like [url removed, login to view] and that can then be pulled into the page. Any ideas?
- Also, the current header take only allow me to enter a title, description and keywords. I would like to add a link field to go in the header items. I need to add in the canonical tag which will help the search engines deal with my duplicate content:
<link rel="canonical" href="[url removed, login to view]" />
I would like that if I don't enter anything in the database field to have a canonical tag then it should stay blank on the page (e.g. it should not show
<link rel="canonical" href="”/>).
Does this make sense?
Problem 3. Security Issues
- When a customer buys something through Eway using a credit card the credit card number gets stored in the billing_details part of the database. I don't need this information though and don't want it as someone could hack the site and take that information. Is it possible for the site to work okay without keeping this information? Is it as simple as just putting the field as “Null” or deleting the field?
- The other information such as name and address is not very risky information. But I'm wondering if this should be encrypted or better security added? You have seen more sites than me so if you say no then that is fine.
- I would like to install some of the applications installed to the site if possible. They are:
Site Monitor - [url removed, login to view],4441
IP Trap - [url removed, login to view] (at this stage I only want it to blacklist IP addresses that visit “Admin” folder. I have renamed this anyway but if any bots search for the Admin folder they should be blocked.