I'm in need of a web designer/graphic designer that will make some simple adjustments to a Wordpres Theme we purchased for one of our property websites.
Tasks are as follows:
- Implement a Google Custom Search Engine
- Adjust the length of a category page
- Increase the amount of posts that appear in "related post" section
- Adjust some minor spacing issues on the index page of the website
- Drop cap issue with Wordpress
- Adjust 2 URLs in Wordpress that are pointing to the wrong section
- Adjust one of the slides in one of our carousels of the index page
- Adjust template to show "author name"
- Change the colour of some of or our icons on the website using Photoshop or Illustrator
- Adjust some wording in the template that is appearing wrong
For a seasoned WP front end designer, this is fairly basic work which is why the budget is not high for this project. If your work is good, we have plenty of other work that you can do.
Long term, I'm looking for someone that can occasionally do project work that entails these responsibilities:
We are in need of a Project web designer/developer who would be responsible for the design, layout and coding of our websites. You will be involved with the technical and graphical aspects of a website - how the site works and how it looks. You will also be involved with the maintenance and update of existing sites. This work is occasional and we'll contact you as we need you.
After establishing the target audience for a website and identifying the type of content it will host, a webdesigner/developer will:
• Write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements
• Test the website and identify any technical problems
A web designer/developer should:
• Have skills in software programming and graphics
• Be creative and imaginative
• Be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills
• Keep up to date with advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
• Passionate and must have attention to detail
• Bachelor's degree in professional web design/development or related field
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
• Solid understanding of HTML or HTML5 and CSS3, including cross-browser compatibility
• Knowledge of industry best practices in web design, information design and usability
• Comfortable working within a PHP environment
• Strong working knowledge of WordPress customization and theming.
• Ability to create and modify custom code and plugins for WordPress
• WordPress Multisite deployment experience
• Experience with Flash
• Copywriting experience (headlines, banner copy, landing pages, etc.)
• Digital photography and digital video editing.
• Experience with Google Analytics, SEO and SEM