We need a small executable program (java probably the best), which can convert html into pdf file. This program will be executed by our PHP application (with 'exec' command - works as from command line). For example:
[url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view]
java -jar html2pdf [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view]
The program has to accept and convert properly:
- html pages with charset UTF-8 especially with Polish fonts
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
- html pages up to 5 MB
- images in html in jpg,gif,png (which are located in directories/files described in <img src= tag)
- css styles
The program has to be stable and should not consume too much server resources. In case when something is wrong with the file, it should report some errors and cannot crash the server.
The look of pdf files should be very similar to source html files. I attach 2 html pages correctly converted to pdf for comparison to see what I need.
If something what I listed above is not possible or there are limitations, please write in your bid.
If any library is used in the program, the license must allow to use this library in commercial applications with no additional fee. Or if the additional license fee for the library/component is required, please write how much it costs and if it is included in your price. We need royalty free solution in order to use it in our aplication without limitation to number of users/servers.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Must work on both Linux and Windows platform (XP, Vista, Windows 2000)
Apache 2.x, PHP 5.x.
May require Java Environment.
Cannot require .net,.asp, visual basic etc.