We want web site to be developed for rental and second hand resell purpose.
We will provide details and docs to interested and selected bidder, but broadly we want following functionalities to be developed:
1. Account Management (owner/renter/admin/guest) and notifications (example: booking status update, pending action eg. Feedback after transaction).
2. Item positing with relevant details (Items are posted/searched and stored with category and sub-category. Item can contain various different kind of information eg photo, title, details, pricing, etc.)
3. Ability to search and book an item (marking item unavailable on already booked dates etc). there could be multiple search criteria eg based on category, sub-category, location, rating, price etc.
4. Payment gateway related functionality. NOT REQUIRED. We will do it ourselves.
5. List an item based on some algorithm/criteria which we will provide in detailed document/description.
6. Ability to identify most viewed/transacted items.
7. Able to store and manage ratings of individual, transaction and of an item.
8. Ability to Link/Share an item to external community network eg facebook, twitter, mail etc.
9. It should be generic to support multiple languages (Static contents in other language will be provided by us but programmatically it should be capable to handle multiple languages).
10. User viewing item details should be able to view related items as well along with it.
JSP/JSTL and Spring MVC.
Tomcat Java Webserver with Mysql DB
Third Party software versions to be used:
Servlet/JSP Spec : 3.0/2.2
Tomcat : [url removed, login to view]
Java : 1.6
Spring Framework 3.1
We will Provide:
Detailed page flow with HTML markups
MySql Schema and scripts (to create tables)
Java DB access library sample api and sample coding standard to follow.
Hosting env for testing purpose.
Terms and Conditions:
Code should be checked onto svn repository provided by us.
We expect code checkin/update at least once in 2 days.
We will own all rights to the code, project related development and items provided by us (See "we will provide" section)
Code should be properly documented and we expect standard guidelines to be followed for naming conventions, packaging etc.
Please note that db schema already has storage defined for relevant values for most transacted items, ratings etc. It just needs to be looked up based on algorithm.
There may be some changes in DB Schema at later stages of development but current schema should be good enough to provide a foundation.
** project wil be considered delivered when
- Delivered source code is compliable and deployable on web hosting env (details of which is provided in Tech Spec section).
- We will provide test cases, and deployed binaries should pass those test cases.
- Any bugs reported during testing should be fixed and all test cases should be run again after the fix is deployed (cycle to continue until all bugs are fixed).
- We will hold back 40% of the amount until all test cases passes.
- All deliverables are completed and delivered at mutually agreed timeline.