Need a cross-platform java jar program (as tiny as possible, to fit on pen/flash drives, etc.) to display digital images of any file format (from raw to highly compressed gif) in a flash drive/usb drive (any drive really, but customized to be a small application to fit easily on a pen drive). The idea is it can either be ultra easy (open up the program, it takes over the screen and displays the images at pre-set interval as a slideshow) or it can give gradually more control (wait for click to advance photo, change automatic picture change interval, etc.) Also, the ability to enter the order in which you want a set of photos to play. "Playlist" ability to play only pics from a specified directory or directories, pre-set by the user before starting the show (can select which "playlist" to play after starting program, playlist would then play). This will be a simple-to-use program that I will design the interface and behavior for. A registration module (for serial numbers) would be appreciated, if possible, so I can control access to this program, but not necessary. I picked Java as the language because anyoneone using PC or Mac OS X would be able to use it (I assume Linux too, but I am mostly worried about using it on both Macs and PC's). Thanks! :)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Sunday Dec 12, 2004 8:41:03 AM:
Please let me know the following:
- Can you give me an approximate size for this program, assuming no additional filetype libraries are included?
- Will it be possible to immediately switch between pictures AND also to do fades (for example, cross-fade from one to the other smoothly or fade to black for the current photo and fade in from black for the next)? This would be something the user would be able to set in preferences.
- Will it be possible to make this a graphically pleasing and simple interfac e window with a preferences page, along with creating "playlist" functionality (choose groups of photos and also order in which to display them).
- To make each picture advance automatically OR by clicking the mouse or a keyboard key to go to the next photo?
PC, Mac OS X, (Linux, if it just works like that anyways)